What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Had pump rebuilt  (Read 2911 times)

ipadnut1

Had pump rebuilt
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:48:31 pm »
Hello,
I have a 2003 down east spa 2 pump system and pump 1 was making noise so I took it to R&S pool and spa they replaced the wet end and a capacitor and now the pump will not come on when the heater comes on and it will give me a dr code. I went back to R&S pool and spa and they would not look at the pump and said it was the main board, so I took out the main board and sent it off to have it checked and the main board is fine no problem. I can turn on the pump at the control panel and go from low to high. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chirs

Hot Tub Forum

Had pump rebuilt
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:48:31 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Had pump rebuilt
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:36:15 pm »
Hello,
I have a 2003 down east spa 2 pump system and pump 1 was making noise so I took it to R&S pool and spa they replaced the wet end and a capacitor and now the pump will not come on when the heater comes on and it will give me a dr code. I went back to R&S pool and spa and they would not look at the pump and said it was the main board, so I took out the main board and sent it off to have it checked and the main board is fine no problem. I can turn on the pump at the control panel and go from low to high. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chirs

Wait a minute. The pump has to come on first before the heater will energize. The temp sensor tells the board to kick on a pump, unless it's faulty. The flow sensor tells the heater, through the board, to energize, unless it's faulty. Before I got carried away with a new board............try your other sensors. Their will be other sensors also one for freeze protection maybe and overheat one/s.

What's dr code? Dry? Is all the air out of the system and are all sensors functioning properly? Take the filter/s out when you check inside for sensors. Run the pump on low, see if it heats and maintains set temp. Careful but if the water is cool run the pump on low and touch the heater tube. Or use a temp probe on the tube. Shoulda said that first. 2003, good job, 13 years out of a value tub. Not bad Master Spa.........
Retired

ipadnut1

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 01:00:11 am »
I get my board back on Monday and I will give that a try, Thank you

ipadnut1

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:03:10 am »
ok just wanted to let you know  I got my controller board back and installed it , everything is working like it should. The only thing I can think of is the dip switch on the board  was on cir pump witch I do not have.  R&S pool and spa did call me and said they would look at the pump again so they did make it right. I did change my m7 sensors also. Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:03:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42