What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time Hot Tub Buyer IN CA Help/Advice Needed (Catalina Spa Brand)  (Read 4772 times)

805TireGuy

Hello All,

My wife and I are talking about finally taking the plunge and purchasing our first ever hot tub. We live on the Central Coast of CA and unfortunately do not have a lot of options when it comes to "dealers" in our area. The one local dealer that we have visited multiple times carries the "Catalina Spa" brand. While these tubs are made in Southern CA I have been unable to find much (good or bad) information regarding the brand on the internet. According to the local dealer they are a good quality tub with quite a bit of "bang for your buck". Due to limited space restrictions we are looking at models that measure 84 X 84 or 87 X 87 as this is the max room we have available. The specific models we have looked at are the Catalina CL400, Catalina Quebec, Catalina Montreal and Catalina Neptune.

Is anyone able to provide feedback good or bad on any of these? FYI we are being quoted in $6,000 - $7,000 range for these tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Welcome to the forum.  All I can add it Catalina has been around awhile.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

The Wizard of Spas

Greetings.  I am a Catalina Spas dealer for over 20 years.  Catalina Spas is privately owned and is a family run business.  The downside is that they do not advertise and their website is laughable.  Additionally:  They do a huge amount swim spas and has pretty much backed off their hot tub side.  It doesn't mean that the spas are garbage.  I am a huge fan and I like their quality a lot.

The CL1400 is going to have the least amount of jets and is more "entry level."  Plus its kind of boring.

The Quebec/Montreal are two sides to the same coin:  One is all bench seating and the other has a lounger. 

The Neptune is going to have the most jets but I'd encourage you to get the 1.5HP Warm Air Injection System (aka BLOWER) as its able to give you a nice boost for only a small cost.  Also- As it has 65-70 jets, some that are 5 1/2", you'll need the extra motor.  In fact- I'd really push you to do the blower in any one you may buy.  It's a reasonable investment and has a tangible result that you may like long-term.

The knock on the Neptune is it has some seats that are very deep.  Sit in it and make sure you'll be comfortable.  If so- That is the way to go. 

The Neptune, Quebec & Montreal are fine in the SOLO models.  If you go PREMIUM then you're adding additional LED lighting (not a big deal) and audio, and it will probably run $1000 extra.  I do not see that being a good return on investment.

The standard LED lighting, LED waterfall and ozone should be included.  He may say it is something he is throwing in.  I assure you, he is not.  It is the only way it comes. 

The pricing you are getting is reasonable but I don't know if it includes delivery, chemicals, etc.

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

MarKee

If you are near Paso Robles on the Central Coast, you may check out Idler's Appliances. They have a nice selection of Marquis Spas and some other brands on display.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
If you are near Paso Robles on the Central Coast, you may check out Idler's Appliances. They have a nice selection of Marquis Spas and some other brands on display.

Markee is right that you should comparison shop to see what else is out there and find what is best. If you are in SoCal you have a ton of options including Artesian, bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, sundance...  and if Catalina seems best at that point then find the right model for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42