What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Grandee ready light  (Read 4218 times)

ohara

HS Grandee ready light
« on: July 18, 2004, 12:22:54 am »
2003 hs grandee. Ready light does not come on. Water temp is set for 98 and i tested the water with a therm. an the water was at 105.5. look in manual but no help. any suggestion on why ready light will not go on and why water temp is past 98 deg setting. i did shut off the breaker for the heater. every thing seams to be working oz and circ pump, and all jets work. thanks

Hot Tub Forum

HS Grandee ready light
« on: July 18, 2004, 12:22:54 am »

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
Re: HS Grandee ready light
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 12:44:06 am »
Where do you live ? I have my Bengal set at 80 and temp is 101 . Due to hot Texas sun heating spa during the day.

as for the ready light sounds like the temp sensor is not working properly.

T6

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 10:14:17 am »
The ready light on my Vanguard comes on when the water temp is within 2 degrees +/- of set temp.  Example:  set at 98, ready light will be on if the tub is within 96 - 100 degrees.  If the water temp is 105, then the ready light won't come on until it drops some heat.  Figure it is the same for the Grandee.

Good luck!  My ready light hasn't been on all summer.  The Oklahoma heat has seen to that!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 04:55:19 pm »
Loud Lori has it exactly right.

I would add some cold water to the spa to get it down where you want it, and then engage the "summer timer" to keep the circ pump from heating it back up again.

Those little pumps - rascals that they are - put a slight amount of heat into the water, and the insulation is so good it keeps it all in!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ohara

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 09:10:40 pm »
Thanks for the help

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 12:30:44 pm »
8) I had the same problem with mine.  When we first had it instaled the temp was set to 102.  While it felt great, after some alcohol and 40 minutes I was ready to pass out.  :o  Guess all those warnings I read were.. true.

So we took it down to 98 and 2 days later it was still sitting at 101 and I thought it was broken!

Guess there is something to that "insulation" stuff everyone has been talking about. 8)

-Ed

Gerrym

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 12:45:27 pm »
8) I had the same problem with mine.  When we first had it instaled the temp was set to 102.  While it felt great, after some alcohol and 40 minutes I was ready to pass out.  :o  Guess all those warnings I read were.. true.

So we took it down to 98 and 2 days later it was still sitting at 101 and I thought it was broken!

Guess there is something to that "insulation" stuff everyone has been talking about. 8)

-Ed

You drink alcohol in the spa ??????

WOW I am horrified, didn't think we were allowed to do that !!    ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 12:45:51 pm by Gerrym »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 01:10:10 pm »
8) ... the temp was set to 102.  While it felt great, after some alcohol and 40 minutes I was ready to pass out.  So we took it down to 98 ...
-Ed

Hmmm, the alcohol consumption and higher spa temp did not mix so you chose to lower the temp. I might have gone for the alternate solution.   ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 01:10:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42