What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub not heating  (Read 3015 times)

LKyler

Hot tub not heating
« on: June 19, 2016, 12:01:37 pm »
Hello, I am a first time spa owner. I own a birch bay 5 person tub with a blue water salt system. I drained and cleaned it for the first time yesterday. The filters were pretty disgusting, but I washed them out really well and let them dry. I also cleaned out the filter housing really good. After scrubbing it down really well I filled it back up and broadcast my chemicals. I also changed my filter settings to only run for a couple of hours twice a day. However I checked the temperature this morning and the water temperature did not rise. The light indicates that the heater is on and the circulation pump is running. Did my heater go out or did I do something wrong?  I hope I did not break my new spa. Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub not heating
« on: June 19, 2016, 12:01:37 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot tub not heating
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 02:45:14 pm »
I'm far from the expert, but problems after water changes can frequently be fixed by resetting the breaker.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 03:02:06 pm »
   I would also check the settings you put it in.  You may be in an economy mode, which will only heat while in a filtration mode, so it would take longer to heat up than normal.   If the temperature did not rise at all, then and the heat indicator light is on constant and the pump continues to run, then it might be a bad heater.  Bad heaters will usually trip the breaker 95% of the time though.

Any error codes flashing at all?

LKyler

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »
My breaker did trip about two weeks ago, but I didn't think much about. We didn't use the tub much after the breaker tripped so I didn't notice if the heater stopped working. Well I guess warranties are a good thing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42