What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to Use Swirl Away?    (Read 14599 times)

treviso

How to Use Swirl Away?  
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:01:09 pm »
I am wondering how to use Swirl Away?  Do you just add it to existing water, run the pumps for an hour and then drain the spa?  Someone told me that you have to hook up a ShopVac to the individual jets because a lot of water will remain in the plumbing of the tub even when you drain it entirely.  Is this true?  I have a Marquis Euphoria Spa, just for reference.  Thanks in advance.  
Rob

Hot Tub Forum

How to Use Swirl Away?  
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:01:09 pm »

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
Re: How to Use Swirl Away?  
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 10:39:03 pm »
The shop vac isn't needed unless winterizing and leaving the tub empty over winter. Otherwise, go by the directions right on the bottle.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 10:53:57 pm »
We used Swirl Away last week on our initial fill.  We filled, added the Swirl Away, ran all jets (no air tho) for 2hrs.  Then we just drained the tub, then wiped dry, used Spa Fast Gloss, then started the refill.  I saw a slight film on the surface of the water, cant tell you if it was residual from Swirl Away or the gloss.  We added Metal Gon, Spa Defender and did a dichlor shock that evening before anyone used the tub. In the morning, all the film was gone and the water was crystal clear.  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 08:38:24 am »
I agree.  The shop vac is not necessary.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 08:48:15 am »
When using Swirl Away for the first time when setting up a new tub like what Calico did above, do you keep the filters off to avoid all the crud getting on them?

Tubber

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 10:30:30 am »
When using Swirl Away for the first time when setting up a new tub like what Calico did above, do you keep the filters off to avoid all the crud getting on them?

Never run your tub without a filter in it.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 10:40:33 am »
Dazed is correct.  Remove your filters and/or filter socks before using swirl away.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 01:20:48 pm »
I agree with Tony...however remember to remove anything from the tub that might get sucked down the plumbing when the filters are removed.  i.e. Rubber ducks, thermometers, scumbugs/balls, poodles etc.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 01:21:28 pm by huh »
¿

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 04:15:11 pm »
I thought the filter socks are surposed to say on to protect the 2nd pump?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 04:16:15 pm »

Never run your tub without a filter in it.

Your right, you never know when a rabbit or small child may jump in.

My system uses a bypass filtering on pump #1, the only filtering on pump #2 is the screens over the intake, which will stop anything bigger than a pebble.

I'll be running swirl away with no filters.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 04:16:40 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 06:00:37 pm »
wmccall is right as usual, you should remove the filter(s), filter socks and anything floating in the tub.

Its swirl away not rocket science.

For those who dont read the instructions, turn off top-side air controls. If you dont foam will rise up and down the walls of your spa.

I guess my customers with D-1's cant use this product as there is no way to turn off the air ???
Homeworks Financing Representative

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 06:25:43 pm »
It says right on the bottle to run S A without your filters in.  Also tells you not to run any air in those same directions.  

I left the filter socks on cuz thats their job, right? To cover up those filter things.  I washed them with my laundry then bleached them white and rinsed them with our swimwear to remove soap.  All fixed, no big deal and I will leave them the next time I S A too.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 08:27:10 pm »

For those who dont read the instructions, turn off top-side air controls. If you dont foam will rise up and down the walls of your spa.

I guess my customers with D-1's cant use this product as there is no way to turn off the air ???

I'd like to thing I am going to read the instructions, but now that I have seen it here, I'll be sure to shut off the air as I'll be visioning all that foam. Sure hope it comes in the mail tommorow!  Maybe Doc will personally drive it to Ohio.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 09:12:52 pm »
If you are near Columbus  and near Brice Road he will bring it for yea...Jt

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 07:52:04 am »
If you are near Columbus  and near Brice Road he will bring it for yea...Jt

North end - 20 miles from Brice Road. The Doc I was referring to was Dr Spa from Rhtubs, they're in California aren't they?  I could have bought this locally? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 07:52:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42