What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New buyer need help!! Master spas  (Read 10707 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New buyer need help!! Master spas
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 09:38:35 pm »
  There down in Tacoma south of Seattle this weekend, running ads like crazy.

SPAS SPAS SPAS!!!   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 09:38:35 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 07:54:12 am »
My brother lives in Enumclaw (spelling)
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 08:45:58 am »
 You spelled it right.   ;)  Very nice area, until Mt Rainier decides to blow someday. That being said I am about an hour west of Mt Baker.

The show is actually closer to him at the Puyallup fair grounds I think.  Every time the add comes on I switch channels, but then with in minutes it's on the channel I switched too.  With the amount of constant ads they run on main channels, they must make some money.

Droid

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 04:37:46 pm »
I'm in Portland OR and just got suckered into the legacy intrepid tub from these guys at their traveling circus roadshow

We went in because the commercials make it seem like a big show with numerous vendors and such.. When you get there it's only Master brands lol

We ended up paying $5900 for the legacy intrepid 8x8 model with the cover and steps and delivery

I called the salesman next day and asked if we could cancel since we've been reading horror stories online and since the contract stated no refunds all sales final he wouldn't let us back out

Guess we just need to hope for the best at this point

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 06:02:01 pm »
I'm in Portland OR and just got suckered into the legacy intrepid tub from these guys at their traveling circus roadshow

We went in because the commercials make it seem like a big show with numerous vendors and such.. When you get there it's only Master brands lol

We ended up paying $5900 for the legacy intrepid 8x8 model with the cover and steps and delivery

I called the salesman next day and asked if we could cancel since we've been reading horror stories online and since the contract stated no refunds all sales final he wouldn't let us back out

It doesn't sound like you over paid much. The tubs themselves are actually not that bad, there are worse out there. Solid fiberglass backed shells. Frames riveted steel or stapled 2x2 wood, not sure what you got? Lot's of bling, but energy hungrier. But all tubs use electricity. Good jet power, and some OK basic and above basic jets. It has to be comfortable to only you. Parts are easy to get. Maybe expect less than stellar service when/if you need it. Learn it while it's under warranty so you can tinker with it yourself after warranty if you expect it to last longer or your sure you want to keep it 8-10+ years. Or find a guy, service guy.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 04:34:59 pm »

Federal Law says you have a 3 day right of rescission.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 01:14:37 pm »

Federal Law says you have a 3 day right of rescission.

...and if you used your credit card you can call them to explain and they will help because the CC company holds the power in this equation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Raceguy388

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 11:00:34 am »
just a quick update, i was able to get my deposit back. i ended up with a caldera makena which seems to be far superior in every way to the master spa!! So far so good!!

Sam

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 02:08:11 pm »

This is a big source of frustration to dealers in the location's they visit.  They use very dishonest advertising and sales practices.  Then when you get there and realize it's b.s., you figure that you may as well check them out.  Next a very pushy sales guy will tell you that it's a factory clearance and this spa is normally $17k, but at the show it's only $7k.  How can you pass it up.

Well, it's really only a $6k hot tub but they have to sell it for $7k to pay for all of the advertising and transporting the sales guys and hot tubs around the country.  It's total b.s.

Then they will tell you that they have service guys and delivery crews in your area.  The truth is, they contract it out to the lowest bidder and tell whatever independent tech the find that he can make it up with large "trip charges".  Also, since these guys are independent techs, they don't carry the parts you need.  This means that after you report a problem, a week or so later a guy will come out to diagnose.  Then you have the manufacturer ship you the part and hope he can come back to install it in a reasonable amount of time.

They dupe hundreds of people per year into overpaying for an average quality (at best) hot tub.  I hear all kinds of horror stories in our area.  Their customers come to us clueless and frustrated.  Their water is disgusting.  They get bacterial infections.  When trying to help them figure out the problem, your first question is "what chemical program do you use".  Sometimes you hear them say that they don't use chemicals because they have a "chemical free spa", which is patently false.

My biggest pet peeve is dishonest business practices  :(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 02:08:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42