What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: More Filter Questions  (Read 4091 times)

Chief Kyle

More Filter Questions
« on: May 28, 2016, 12:06:03 pm »
So I have reached my 1 year mark on my 2015 Marquis Epic and I have a couple filter questions

How do I know when my filters really needs to be replaced?

I read a lot about have 2 sets of filters...changing out the dirty filter with a clean and dry filter??  I've just rinsed my filters and returned them to the tub clean and wet...does this compromise their effectiveness to filter?

Lastly, is there an aftermarket filter that is better; do I stay with the manufacturers filters...or do I look for the "bargain brand?"

Hot Tub Forum

More Filter Questions
« on: May 28, 2016, 12:06:03 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: More Filter Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 01:46:10 pm »
7ch502 is the unicel number.  Use the microband ones

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 01:51:30 am »
Chief Kyle you more than likely have the Pleatco filters. Those filters work but they almost work too well, because they filter to a finer micron and get clogged easier. The new Marquis filters are made by Unicel. The Marquis 35 sq ft filter with Microban is the way to go.

CBrown.tx

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:24:50 pm »
7ch502 is the unicel number.  Use the microband ones

Is it the 7ch or 5ch 352? I ask cause MarKee said 35 sq ft filter but the 7ch is a 50 sq ft.  I'm looking to buy second set for my Epic and there are no part #'s on the filters it came with.  Also, what are y'all cleaning them with? I've just been spraying off but don't think it's getting them clean.

Chief Kyle

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:38:14 pm »
MarKee do you have those filters in your Beaverton store?

CBrown.tx...as far as cleaning: weekly I spray them with simple green let them set for 10-15 minutes; then I rinse them under the sink with hot water (I use the sprayer) and lastly I take them outside and use the garden house with a straight stream.

Monthly I just put them in the dishwasher I use Cascade dishwasher detergent.  You can, also, let them soak in a mixture of TSP and water, you can find the ratios on line...I think it's 1 cup to 5 gallons of water??

Which takes me back to my original question "how do I know when to replace them" :-)

Jostudly

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 09:17:52 pm »
I let my filters dry after rinsing them and used a toothbrush to get between the pleats and it took out a lot of dirt. I find just rinsing or soaking in cleaner does not always get them clean enough.

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 02:42:47 am »
Cbrown: the 5CH-502 should be the right one if you are wanting the 50 sq ft filter.

I prefer the OEM Marquis filter because it has a bigger handle that is easier to twist, and you can get the anti-microbial coating on it.

Chief Kyle: yes, we have all 4 variations of filters that will work in your spa at the Beaverton store. You also get 10% off, so they are very close to the prices you will find online.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 02:42:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42