What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to fix a leak in 2 inch hose?  (Read 1889 times)

FASTFJR

How to fix a leak in 2 inch hose?
« on: May 12, 2016, 07:53:39 am »
I have a 2011 Strong Milan tub. I noticed a few weeks ago the water level going down and a wet spot on the pavers. It took a while but I traced it back to a pin size hole (only leaks when motor is running) off the secondary pump. Anyway I'm not sure how to fix it. I did order a 2 inch coupling. My main concern is what to use to cut the hose?

I've never fixed any of these hoses before, I had a leak in one a few years ago and it was replaced under warranty by a tech.

Just and FYI, the first leak and now this one seem to be the result of the hose coming in contact with part of the tub. The slight vibrations has caused it to rub and form a hole. At least thats what it looks like to me

Attached is a link to a short video clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYIMmgXL-RA&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=LaszloBagi
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:12:30 am by FASTFJR »

Hot Tub Forum

How to fix a leak in 2 inch hose?
« on: May 12, 2016, 07:53:39 am »

FASTFJR

Re: How to fix a leak in 2 inch hose?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 10:36:01 am »
Called Strong this morning, I had emailed them pictures yesterday of the leak. The are sending me the parts to fix it, should be simple enough. I'm still under parts warranty

Racenut

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:43:13 pm »
Are those piped ribbed or just colored in stripes?  If it's not ribbed, I'd just wrap it in silicone tape and be done.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:43:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42