What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: loss of power to jets  (Read 2120 times)

robbieesprit

loss of power to jets
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:37:15 pm »
Hi All, I have noticed a loss off power to my jets, I suspect that it has something to do with either the wet pump or the motor, but how do I test it? or is it a case of remove and inspect? cheers rob

Hot Tub Forum

loss of power to jets
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:37:15 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: loss of power to jets
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:58:31 pm »
Yes, the best way is to remove and inspect. If you've had a chance to run it and haven't seen any obvious leaks/wear. Then a tear down is necessary. Removing the impeller is the hardest part but usually doable. If you do tear down and inspect be prepared to replace seals and possible impeller. Now you wonder how old the motor is and when will it fail even with new parts in the pump? Sometimes determining the age of the current pump/motor and the cost of an entire replacement is................
Retired

robbieesprit

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 07:47:44 am »
Hi Tman122, thanks for this, just about to bite the bullet and pull the pump out...must admit its making a bit of noise so bearings might on the way out, as the pump is the heart of these bits of kit, perhaps replacement will be in order...ill keep you updated, cheers rob.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 08:37:13 pm »
Yea when the bearings start going on the motor it's garbage. That will also wear an impeller, less power. And ruin the seal. It has to be leaking between the pump and motor? Or will be soon.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 08:37:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42