What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New spa pump /wet end  (Read 3915 times)

Jakeesspoo

New spa pump /wet end
« on: May 04, 2016, 11:00:03 pm »
    Im new here to the forum.    I have a older (2005 maybe) master spas legacy tub that i inherited     The two speed pump went bad so i ordered a new one from spa depot.   The old pump wet end/volute discharge had a small "port" on it that a small maybe 3/8" hose hooke
d up to.   I believe this hose then went to one side of one of the jets and maybe teed in with the other smaller diameter tubes (each large jet has a small diamter hose and a large diameter hose going to it).    The new pump I ordered is same ratings but does not have the "port" for the smaller diameter tubing on the volute/discharge of wet end.   What should I do?   What is the purpose of this smaller diameter hose that hooks up to discharge side and why cant i seem to find a identical one online?   spa depot has been of no help so far.      Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly as there are no spa techs in near vicinity or I would have them doing this

Hot Tub Forum

New spa pump /wet end
« on: May 04, 2016, 11:00:03 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New spa pump /wet end
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 09:34:39 am »
 It's most likely a air bleeder tube and has nothing to do with the jets.  Just find a way to plug it and leave it hanging.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 11:27:54 am »
It's most likely a air bleeder tube and has nothing to do with the jets.  Just find a way to plug it and leave it hanging.

From the description you gave Jetpack Jim is right, plug the hose that previously went to the pump's bleed line and you'll be set.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:21:31 pm »

From the description you gave Jetpack Jim is right, plug the hose that previously went to the pump's bleed line and you'll be set.

Jetpack Jim   kinda catchy   ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 01:49:12 pm »
Unless it's a freeze protection line. You can still plug it but you may affect your freeze protection. Is this pump 2 of a 2 pump system? You could always drill and tap a new hole?
Retired

Jakeesspoo

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 08:04:26 pm »
Yes its the two-speed pump of a two pump system.   Im not worried about freeze protection i winterize it. 

Jakeesspoo

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 09:52:06 pm »
I will fill it and see what i get.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 09:52:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42