What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to hot tubs  (Read 10695 times)

Gibs

Re: New to hot tubs
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 12:07:45 pm »
Thanks for all the replies. Great advice and I thought when he said it that was a little off about not needing chemicals. Considering he stated after that about supplying chemicals for the first year later on. Maybe he misspoke and meant less chemicals needed if it has the ozone, but who knows. Anyway, the search will continue this weekend and wet testing to start.

Gib

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 12:07:45 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 06:49:17 pm »
Speaking of that, we always do a quick rinse off shower before using the tub. It really helps with reducing contaminants into the tub and extends water changes somewhat. I also rinse the filters every weekend and change them out with a spare set every month - the other set gets sanitized and dried till the next swap. Keeping the filters clean helps reduce the sanitizer demand because the filters don't kill contaminants, they just trap them so the sanitizer can work on them and keep them from floating around the tub. Remove those contaminants and you don't need as much sanitizer. Doing this I found it very easy to maintain water quality even using the tub on average 6 days a week with the two of us.

Good advice, be careful to not become a water Nazi, or Spa Nazi. Good advice. Above plus chlorine and don't wash your suits, or don't wear suits.  ;D
Retired

Gibs

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 09:49:50 pm »
We have decided on the Bullfrog A7. Unfortunately we only got to wet test an A8 as they don't have an A7 on the floor. Not because the quality of the HS wasn't good. We liked the interchangeable packs and the fact that we can change them by purchasing other packs. Yes expensive, but allows more flexibility. Got the pricing to a few dollars over 10K for it. The dealer we are going through was the best dealer we dealt with, which may have had something to do with us choosing the BF. We haven't had a tub before so I am pretty sure we can't go wrong with any of them anyway. Every one of them we tried was great and they had their own Pros and Cons. I was all about a lounger but we went with the regular and I am sure I will be ok with it. Thanks for advice throughout the process.

tomas21

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 06:50:04 pm »
Gibs - What addon's did you get with the A7 for that price?

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 08:04:09 am »
I had a Hot Springs for 22 years and it died 2 years ago. I thought I would get another Hot Springs but ended up getting a Jacuzzi and love it. It just looked neater in the component cabinet. I'm sure the Hot Springs would have been fine. The other thing that swayed me was the dealer. At some point you will need service and if they have to travel far it will cost you even under warranty .

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 10:49:56 am »
I have to question everything a salesperson says when he says a blatant lie about chemicals.  He is saying what he thinks you want to hear.  What other things is he embellishing?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 12:18:51 pm »
We have decided on the Bullfrog A7. Unfortunately we only got to wet test an A8 as they don't have an A7 on the floor. Not because the quality of the HS wasn't good. We liked the interchangeable packs and the fact that we can change them by purchasing other packs. Yes expensive, but allows more flexibility. Got the pricing to a few dollars over 10K for it. The dealer we are going through was the best dealer we dealt with, which may have had something to do with us choosing the BF. We haven't had a tub before so I am pretty sure we can't go wrong with any of them anyway. Every one of them we tried was great and they had their own Pros and Cons. I was all about a lounger but we went with the regular and I am sure I will be ok with it. Thanks for advice throughout the process.

You made a great choice! Happy Soaking for years to come

Gibs

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 05:06:33 pm »
The only upgrade I got was an upgraded Ozone system. The A7 itself is Cinnabar with Hazelnut exterior. The Ozone system I got is dealer installed 250MG version. The tub was actually 9666 then the Ozone and tax. They have an upcoming sale and this one just happened to be a preordered tub for that sale with the setup we wanted. The packs we got were Alleviate, Neck Masuesse(sp), Wellness, Pulsator, and Oscillator. We loved them all! I was very comfortable with this dealer. The dealer himself was a main reason of going with those guys. We already have a deck audio system so didn't need that.

EDIT: That also had Chemicals, Cover, delivery and such too.

Gibs
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:11:10 pm by Gibs »

Hottubprosne

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 05:23:36 pm »
WOW :) :) :) That was a great deal!

Gibs

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 05:33:19 pm »
They gave me a military discount of 400 off the sale price as long as I got that one they had already bought. Funny cause it was actually the color combo we wanted with the packs we wanted. Taxes were another 500+ and the ozone was close to that too. Taxes are different everywhere so I don't really consider that as part of it. So I guess 10200 with the 250 ozone. Was right in line with the budget we set for what we wanted and saving a bunch allowed us to also redo my deck with cedar that is matching the hazelnut exterior. I am happy with the deal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 05:33:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42