What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub making me tired!  (Read 2584 times)

Gibson00

Tub making me tired!
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »
Am I the only one that finds a few minutes in the tub makes me feel like falling asleep??  I sit in there for literally a few minutes and I feel like a sloth, can barely get myself to move!!  :)

Hot Tub Forum

Tub making me tired!
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »

bud16415

Re: Tub making me tired!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:20:45 pm »
Isn’t that a wonderful thing.

When we first got our tub we had been used to one a friend had and we had used quite a few times. We always felt he kept it too hot and like you said a few minutes maybe 15 we were all sitting on the sides and after getting out we were done for the night. We keep ours a little lower and it is still hot but isn’t quite as draining. We are about one degree apart when I want 102 in the cold of winter she wants 101. our friends come over and they want it cooler yet. In the summer we can enjoy it at 98 or 99 even. I didn’t spend all that money on jets to be in and out in 5 minutes.

We have found though if we get up on a Saturday morning and soak first thing we don’t do much the rest of the day. Most of our soaking time is before bed and I have never slept better in my whole life than after a half hour in the tub.

Try running it a little cooler if it’s wiping you out to bad. And the other tip is drink as much water as you can in the tub you are loosing a lot and you don’t know it. Of course alcohol and hot tubs don’t mix but we have been known to indulge a little in the tub.   

Gibson00

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 07:24:13 pm »
Thanks, that is exactly what I've been doing, trying lower temps.  I think I can handle 100 in the winter, but now in the spring (eastern Canada) I find that way too hot and draining.  I actually have it down to 97 now.  I think I enjoy it more for the jets, not so much the heat.  Good advice re timing.  I do have a habit of hopping in it right after work, and that zonks me for the early evening.  I should wait until 9PM then hop in!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 07:37:13 pm »
Mission accomplished. Make sure there's another in the tub if you want a cat nap, done it. Prop yourself up just right.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 07:37:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42