What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good Article on Cal Spas  (Read 4413 times)

Chris_H

Good Article on Cal Spas
« on: July 23, 2004, 04:44:19 pm »
For those who are considering getting their feet wet and purchasing a Cal Spa.  This is a reminder of what type of company you are getting yourself into…

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040625005307&newsLang=en

Chris H

Hot Tub Forum

Good Article on Cal Spas
« on: July 23, 2004, 04:44:19 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Good Article on Cal Spas
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 05:29:59 pm »
I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure I understand how acquiring and developing several parcels of land relates to the quality of their spas or service..... Or the fact that a suit has simply been FILED, and I"m sure years away from any kind of ruling. (I'm NOT saying anyhting is regards to their quality, just where the relationship is).

Pretty much any large company has a skeleton or two in their closet...... ya just got to be willing to dig deep enough to find it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 05:33:10 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 06:35:35 pm »
I think it speaks to the ownerships (Casey Lloyd) ethical practices. The land was on loan, it wasn't a gift, then he leased it to a competing business that the city was/is establishing. Casey's move actually locked up (maybe) a type of monopoly that the city was trying to avoid. If this is the way he conducts his business dealings that type of shady character will filter down into the product they make. IMHO
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 07:01:13 pm »
I gotta agree with the Dr, on this.

For example, how many of you have money in a large bank, Bank Of America, Wells Fargo, Washington Mutual to name a few. Do you know how they invest their money ... YOUR money?? Do a little research if you don't know and decide for youself how ethical their investments are with your money, that is if they are even willing to disclose such info.

I wonder what kind of investments Watkins/Masco is involved in?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 07:42:29 pm by empolgation »
e

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 08:56:31 pm »
I'm sure Masco would send you a copy of their annual report if you requested it.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 10:54:17 pm »
I'm sure Masco would send you a copy of their annual report if you requested it.

And I have little doubt that they being a 9 BILLION dollar a year public cooperation, they have more than a few skeletons in their closets. I also doubt they're disclosing any of them in their annual report  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 11:10:16 pm »
I'm happy/pleased with Watkins/Masco presently. I had a couple of minor cosmetic service issues with my tub,and the dealer and the parent company handled it for the most part in a timely fashion,and in a professional manner.

I had the spa-glo heatsink/board replaced,and I had a secondary top-side controller replaced. The top-side controller was minor,the plastic/rubber surrounding 1 of the buttons had a small tear in it. It was fully functional. Watkins/Caldera replaced it at no cost for the part,or labor.

So far,I am very pleased with the over-all quality of my tub,and the service from my dealer and Watkins.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 11:10:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42