What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Solar Covers  (Read 3553 times)

nymxracer

Solar Covers
« on: April 17, 2016, 07:29:44 pm »
I purchased a solar cover from Amazon, the one that looks like a heavy duty bubble wrap. I cut it to size and it was working great for a few days until I found it crumpled up by the strainer. Seems like some people have the same problem yet others dont. Is there a way to secure it in place and keep it from getting sucked up by the pumps? Thanks in advance. 

Hot Tub Forum

Solar Covers
« on: April 17, 2016, 07:29:44 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Solar Covers
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 06:28:09 am »
Was your intent to leave the hard cover off and use solar power to help heat your tub? Or was your intent to put another layer of cover over your water to help the hard cover do it's job? If the later is the case you need to get a better floating cover. The foam type.
Retired

nymxracer

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 02:56:42 pm »
I was adding it as another layer of insulation and to help the hard cover. Guess I'll be looking into a foam cover. Thanks a bunch Tman. :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:00:19 pm »
They are more money and likely not a better value but they solve that problem. I think there's 2 different thicknesses. How you cut them is important also. The bubble type has to be left big but open big where the filters are. Precise cutting helps, it's hard, take your time. Floating but wedged/jammed in there floating. Even on the foam ones but not as crucial.
Retired

nymxracer

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »
Ok, cool. Again many thanks Tman. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42