What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian vs Hot Springs vs Divine  (Read 26679 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Artesian vs Hot Springs vs Divine
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 11:15:45 pm »
 Nope. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 11:15:45 pm »

Compatico

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 11:41:24 pm »
We didn't like how the lounges in the Hot Springs tubs felt. One of them, my whole face would have been under water. In another one, I fit great and loved it, but my husband's butt didn't fit lol
Do you know about spa pillows? They're weighted (about 5 lbs) so they don't float, and they can be used to sit on for more height. They can also be used to help weigh you down if you float in a seat. They're made of the same material as wet suits I think so they last a long time. And they come in several colours. We wouldn't own a hot tub without them!  :)

brown.eyed.baker

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 02:18:03 pm »
We didn't like how the lounges in the Hot Springs tubs felt. One of them, my whole face would have been under water. In another one, I fit great and loved it, but my husband's butt didn't fit lol
Do you know about spa pillows? They're weighted (about 5 lbs) so they don't float, and they can be used to sit on for more height. They can also be used to help weigh you down if you float in a seat. They're made of the same material as wet suits I think so they last a long time. And they come in several colours. We wouldn't own a hot tub without them!  :)

My MIL has one she bought from Hot Springs. It still floats. One of the sales people recommended putting those flat hand weights in it, so it has extra weight and stays down. We're going to need one no matter what tub we get, I do fine with the jets off, but as soon as they are on it's bubbles in my face and floating away.

Compatico

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 12:49:15 am »
My MIL has one she bought from Hot Springs. It still floats. One of the sales people recommended putting those flat hand weights in it, so it has extra weight and stays down. We're going to need one no matter what tub we get, I do fine with the jets off, but as soon as they are on it's bubbles in my face and floating away.
Sorry that's not the same thing...I just googled it again because we call them pillows but they're actually called weighted seat cushions or boosters:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Wave-Products-Deluxe-Weighted-Spa-Booster-in-Gray/19240310

These things have artificial "river rocks" in them to weigh them down. They sink in a tub - always and never float. When new and dry they have a lot of air inside, but once in the tub, they slowly bubble and fill up with water then sink like a rock. The weight of the rocks and water makes them sink to the bottom. If you put them on your belly or hips, they weigh you down quite well. My wife used one in the louger when the jets were on high to keep from floating. Note that when you feel them dry in the store they don't seem like they would be comfortable, but once they get wet they soften up and the rocks inside move around in a pouch and can be shaped to be comfortable for your butt.

Ask at any hot tub store and they should be able to get them for you in several colour choices for about $35 USD or $50 CAN. We love these things...we were hesitant at first but the store guaranteed them for 30 days no questions asked, and a week later we went back and bought 2 more.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:54:55 am by Compatico »

brown.eyed.baker

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 11:32:18 am »
Does it feel lumpy at all?

MrLobster

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 12:38:25 pm »
I've had the Artesian Antigua for about nine months now, still very impressed with it, but the over-shoulder jets in the seat next to the steps aren't ideal for taller people. I'm around 6'3" and don't quite fit in that seat properly - I'd guess someone of 6' with shorter legs and a longer body would also be slightly uncomfortable.

Ours is the 33 jet model.  If I was to buy again I'd likely go for 45 jets and the dual footblaster.

The Artesian spa pack is a Balboa BP series with a version of the TP800 control panel - it has a really good colour display that's easy to read with clear text.  Divine has a TP600 control panel which isn't nearly as friendly.  That said, I only use the panel on mine to tell me how much the temperature has dropped while I've been in the tub and what time it is, so it's not that big a deal.

Antigua is really only a five person spa.  We've had six in there but the person on the step seat gets a poor deal.  It usually ends up with two people sitting on the recliner instead.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 12:38:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42