What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Quesions for Dealers about Delivery  (Read 4614 times)

Chris_H

Quesions for Dealers about Delivery
« on: July 22, 2004, 04:09:40 pm »
All,
What is the longest you have driven (miles/time) to delivery a spa?  
I have seen some recent posts out there where a dealer is driving 100 miles for a deliver a Sundance spa, 200 miles for a Master Spa, and 300 miles for a Hotspring spa (my personal favorite).  Why in the world would you deliver that far?  Is making your number that important?

Chris H

Hot Tub Forum

Quesions for Dealers about Delivery
« on: July 22, 2004, 04:09:40 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Quesions for Dealers about Delivery
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 04:13:30 pm »
Where did you hear about a 300 mile trip?   Having been in Western Montana and remote parts of Nevada, I can see a dealer having a territory that large. Of course if has to be economical for both parties.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 04:19:01 pm »
It is under the subject "hot springs "Envoy"  pricing"

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 04:35:44 pm »
We've delivered spas 300 miles away several times.
Makes for a very long day!
Spahappy

spaguyohio

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 04:47:01 pm »
My dealer here in Cleveland area regularly delivers to WV, Central PA, and Western NY on a weekly basis. Sure its long drive for the delivery guys, but they love getting the overtime Im sure.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 05:55:17 pm »
Our longest so far has been 150 out 150 in 300 total. I don't like losing a sale. No manufacturer will ever tell me how many spas I have to sell. Start dictating to me how I need to run my business, and you can pound the pavement for a new dealer. No problems with the warranty issues either.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 11:09:48 am »
200 miles - a good customer has a getaway out in the desert, and we toted the spa all the way out.

I actually did the delivery with my son, and we made a nice trip out of it. There have been no warranty issues in just about three years with that tub.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

zzaphod42

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 01:09:06 pm »
The longest for us was about was about 300km - that is close to 200 miles for you non-metric people ;D

We have a few members of the same family who own Beachcombers, and the one member who lives 300 km away insisted on doing business with us.

Joe

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 01:33:45 pm »
Longest spa move I've made was from Redding, Ca to Benicia, Ca, which is about 190+ miles. This was a service which I charged a healthy sum of money for, and wouldnt repeat to ensure a spa sale.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 02:13:31 pm »
[Is making your number that important?

Chris H
[/quote]

If it wasn't for the number, we wouldn't have a job.  I have yet to see a non-profit spa dealership.lol.  :-/

PS. To answer your first question. 435.62 miles one way (per mapquest calculations)  Our crews love overtime!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 02:30:24 pm by huh »
¿

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 05:37:32 pm »
How far is it from San Francisco to London?????

It might not count though, as I was "delivering" to a distributor and not an end user customer :-)

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 06:06:15 pm »
I know a guy who claims to have deliverd to Scotland but I wouldn't trust him to deliver a pizza to me if I were accross the street. I'd stick to a local dealer unless that is not feasable and if I HAD to have a remote dealer I'd be doubly sure they were on the up and up and I'd get in writing how service would be handled. The guy hho sent the spa to Scotland expects the owner to service it themself or at best he'll find a plumber through the internet and try to talk him through it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 06:50:58 pm »
I was under the impression that "delivered to" means you or a representitive of your company had to accompany it. If simply shipping it an area counts, I can claim Hong Kong.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 06:50:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42