What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: purchasing new tub  (Read 5844 times)

newtubgirl

purchasing new tub
« on: July 23, 2004, 10:48:16 am »
My husband and I have been shopping for awhile and have a few questions. Has anyone about the coast spas ( Wailea). We are considering Dimension one ( Nautilus). The dealer there said you don't use bromine or chlorine. I'm confused about how you can keep it clean without chemicals. Anyone out there familiar with these two spas?

Hot Tub Forum

purchasing new tub
« on: July 23, 2004, 10:48:16 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: purchasing new tub
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 11:04:48 am »
Did this dealer say that you need no chemicals at all, or did they say that you don't need to use bromine?
There are othere chemical systems out there that are not bromine based.  I for instance, use Baqua Spa.

Brewman
Brewman

newtubgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 11:13:18 am »
he said no chlorine or bromine

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 11:27:26 am »
Then he may have some other chemical regimen in mind, like Baqua.  I don't think there is any truly chemical free spa treatment regimen, I think even ozone needs a hand, but I'm speculating here, as I don't have ozone in my spa.
Brewman
Brewman

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 12:25:29 pm »
Your speculation is correct, Brewman.  You must use chlorine with ozone.  No bromine with ozone is my understanding.

Newtubgirl,  Brewman is right.  The dealer may have an alternative sanitizer.  The main ones I have heard about are chlorine, bromine and Baqua Spa.

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

SpaJohn

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 02:46:52 pm »
I'm using "Brilliance", which I believe is a Baqua Spa product, with ozone and am having fantastic results.  Fill the floater once a week and shock once a week.  Test with strips every 2-3 days and everything seems to have remained really well dialed in.  It's my understanding the Brilliance sanitizer is Bromine with zero chlorine.  Does this sound right?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 03:16:17 pm »
I'm using "Brilliance", which I believe is a Baqua Spa product, with ozone and am having fantastic results.  Fill the floater once a week and shock once a week.  Test with strips every 2-3 days and everything seems to have remained really well dialed in.  It's my understanding the Brilliance sanitizer is Bromine with zero chlorine.  Does this sound right?

Yup.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 03:23:27 pm »
My dealer is a Idiot when it comes to chem...he told me that i don't need any chlorine when useing Nature2....Went to another dealer is the area and they told me you should use Dichlor with th nature2s and use shockFree...............Bunch of Idiots at my store...jt

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 03:31:04 pm »
hmmmm... it was "another dealer in your area" that told you to use Dichlor  ::)
e

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 06:41:37 pm »
Or could it have been.......EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD!!!! :-*

hmmmm... it was "another dealer in your area" that told you to use Dichlor  ::)

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

poolboy34

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 06:55:34 pm »
The D-1 dealer was referring to dimension One's Vision sanitizer.  which is basically a Nature 2 on steroids.  Can you get by w/o using dichlor, yes....but only under normal usage.  We always recomend and so does D-1, a lil bit of dichlor goes a long way.  Really less then an once per week does it with the ultrapure system and vision cartridge.  If you have a big family, then you'll use it more often.  If it is just you and the hubby/significant other then you might be able to get by w/o having to use it all.  if you have any questions please let me, and I'll go into greater and better detail (hungry, long day at work).
Jason,
Store manager for a D-1, Caldera and Hawkeye dealer

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 07:56:30 pm »
I feel like a real DICK but I am glad many of you have good judgement,and so my other dealer.She was a little annoy that i didnot buy my Jacuzzi from them and I told her the salesman rasied the price another $500 the next day and he would not take my $500 coupon and wanted to charge me $200 for delivey and charge me for the steps too. But the same store about 30 miles away gave me $500 Off without coupon and free steps and free delivery and she got more annoyed that the same store would sell the spa cheaper when they are not allowed too.She can't blame me she told me at least I will buy my Chems there.JohnnyT

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 07:58:43 pm »
What is a real Thingy????I wanted the work D**K

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 08:15:59 pm »
This board has anti naughty word guard.  
Try and post the word for the object that you eat soup with and you get

spoon.  I typed the actual word, and the software saw the naughty part of the word and "thingy'd" it.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 08:15:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42