What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is Hotsprings Sovereign A good Spa?  (Read 3249 times)

Swilliams97

Is Hotsprings Sovereign A good Spa?
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:06 pm »
After way too much deliberation I think I have narrowed it down to this tub. I actually had a costco tub (115 jets!)in my driveway but couldn't find anyone to get it to my backyard. The reasons I am favoring the HS is there is a longtime dealer 10 minutes away who sells only HS and I figure they would not have be in business since 1997 if they weren't a good brand. Haven't wet tested yet but plan to this week. Dealer says that I can try a similar Highlife model with the same Moto DX and similar lounge. Is this good enough or should I insist on a wet test of the Sovereign? I hear many like the Moto DX but some don't. What is the reason against. This model seems to have fewer jets than others I have looked at. Is this a disavantage? Less leaks? The salesmen came to my house today to discuss the tricky installation so service seems to be good. Was planning to start without the ACE system. They are quoting a price of $9500 for floor model including steps, cover, lifter etc. Anything I am missing?
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:13:12 am by Swilliams97 »

Hot Tub Forum

Is Hotsprings Sovereign A good Spa?
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:06 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: About to Purchase Hotsprings Sovereign?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 03:55:57 pm »
Hot Spring makes a good tub, the only thing I don't like about the Sovereign is that it is pretty much at the top of the price scale for 1 pump spas (ie not as good of a "value" in my mind, that is just my personal .02 others opinions may vary on that specific point) so if you plan on having 3 or 4 people in the spa on a regular basis and at the same time have "strong" jet pressure than I would explore other options, if its just you and a spouse than its not much of a concern. Good Luck!

Swilliams97

Re: Is Hotsprings Sovereign A good Spa?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:19:53 am »
Update. I did a wet test this weekend. The Sovereign was not filled so the dealer said the lounge in a Jet Setter NXT would be just the same  and also in a Vanguard which is bigger than I need. Seemed to like the Moto massage. Should I insist on wet testing the Sovereign or is testing the Jetsetter close enough to tell. Didn't seem to have a problem floating. Is is a big disadvantage only having one pump? Most of the time it will be just me in the spa and my wife won't be too particular. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 07:02:23 am »
After way too much deliberation I think I have narrowed it down to this tub. I actually had a costco tub (115 jets!)in my driveway but couldn't find anyone to get it to my backyard. The reasons I am favoring the HS is there is a longtime dealer 10 minutes away who sells only HS and I figure they would not have be in business since 1997 if they weren't a good brand. Haven't wet tested yet but plan to this week. Dealer says that I can try a similar Highlife model with the same Moto DX and similar lounge. Is this good enough or should I insist on a wet test of the Sovereign? I hear many like the Moto DX but some don't. What is the reason against. This model seems to have fewer jets than others I have looked at. Is this a disavantage? Less leaks? The salesmen came to my house today to discuss the tricky installation so service seems to be good. Was planning to start without the ACE system. They are quoting a price of $9500 for floor model including steps, cover, lifter etc. Anything I am missing?
Thanks

The HS will outlast the 115 jet Costco tub about 3 to 1.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 11:48:40 pm »
Thanks

Jet placement and quality are more important to jet count. A well engineered tub with 25 jets us often times more therapeutic then a tub with a 100 poor placed jets. What did you do with the Costco tub?  Did they take it back

Swilliams97

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 11:13:09 pm »
Yes, no problem. It was still in the shrink wrap on the pallet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 11:13:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42