What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub newbie looking for first tub  (Read 3705 times)

sldillon

Hot Tub newbie looking for first tub
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:53:08 am »
Looking for my first Hot Tub.
I have read a lot of posts and topics here to get a feel for the opinions here.

So my budget 6,000.00 to 8,000.00

Whats important to me I think,
Quality Tub Construction
Good massage ability with the jets
Ease of keeping the chemicals balanced.

Not important at all,
sound systems, lighting systems and such.

Size looking at 5 person or 6 person with lounger
will mainly be used by two people but do not want to get to small

Local Dealers are:

Hot springs-heard no good or bad about this dealer
Sundance- good feedback on this dealer
Bull Frog-good feedback and so far the dealer I like most
Dimension 1-Poor customer support comments
Jacuzzi-no comments
Beachcomber-no comments

From this forum the artesian tubs have interested me but closest dealer is 200 miles away.

lastly has anyone heard of stellar spas an online wholesaler in Colorado.  Quality component tubs for about 2,000 less 4500 for his island series for the 5 seats with lounger

i know this is somewhat vague but any help I can get will be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub newbie looking for first tub
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:53:08 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Tub newbie looking for first tub
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:31:57 pm »
All the brands mentioned are top quality. Wet test as many as you can and pick the tub you like the best as well as the dealer who will support you the best

Compatico

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 03:25:39 am »
All the brands mentioned are top quality. Wet test as many as you can and pick the tub you like the best as well as the dealer who will support you the best
I agree...wet testing is very important to "feel" how therapeutic the jets are for you personally.

Having bought a tub that was good, we did regret a few things that were selling points originally. A large jet in the floor that shot upwards (volcano) was very impressive in the store and during the wet test, but today we're not swayed by that. We want a tub with an open footwell to move around freely. If we need thigh/calf massage move to a seat/lounger that has it. Also our old tub had just one light in the water, and our more recent tub had about 20 points of LED lights around the waterline which we thought was a selling point. But now we want a tub with just a couple of lights under the waterline to light up the tub for safety and fun much like our older tub (but with colours that change for fun), not in our face with too many lights. We will not buy a tub with waterline perimeter lights - we want to the tub to be relaxing, not "in our face" with lighting effects. Also we don't care for any water features like a waterfall, water spouts, etc. They look pretty in the store, but they don't really have any benefit, at least not for us.

Another feature is sound systems. We don't want one simply because we want to enjoy our backyard whether in the tub or not. So we're going to install a sound system with outdoor speakers near the tub that will be available if we're in the tub or not. And apparently tub sound systems typically will fail at some point, so why not have a sound system outside the tub that can be enjoyed all the time and can be changed/fixed or updated at your discretion?

You mentioned chemical balance. Personally I think once you get pH and calcium in line, the dichlor and bleach method is the easiest and cheapest way to maintain a hot tub. No need for all the overpriced fancy chemicals that a hot tub store sells (they're out to make money off the consumables). The process is actually pretty basic...using chlorine products to sanitize and shock is not difficult and is not costly. Just google the "dichlor & bleach" method.

As to budget, well that's harder to quantify as prices vary across the country for the same tub. Look at it this way, it's going to be a vital tool for your personal enjoyment for many years. You shouldn't exclude one particular tub simply because it costs $500 more than another. Not naming names here, just saying that price shouldn't be your main concern because usability is more important than price. I didn't want to spend more than $8000 on my last tub, but I did because I thought it was worth it. And let's face it, hot tubs are luxury items, not cars or homes or other items that we need to survive and thrive. If it costs a bit more to get what you want, do it because you want what you want and you won't be satisfied with a less than ideal hot tub.

Everyone is different though, so YMMV.

scoobywagon02

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »
I agree with wet testing as well. Your a looking at some of the top brands in the industry so I honestly don't think you can go wrong. I would also factor in the dealer reputation. All of these spas have warranties some of them as long as 5 years. Keep in mind a spa is designed to be in your backyard for a long time. You want someone that is reputable to take care of you. Good luck and do your homework!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42