What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Sundance Marin  (Read 4748 times)

whisperwisher

Used Sundance Marin
« on: July 22, 2004, 05:09:07 pm »
Ok so yeah - I'm a spa owner - TADA! Been shopping for a used spa after months of research led me to concliude that I'd be better off buying a used well-known, good quality spa rather than a brand new model of lesser quality (i.e. from Wal-Mart, etc.) Bought a 94 Sundance Marin from someone who took meticulous care of it - supplied me with all original paperwork, instructions, guides - as well as all maintenance and repair receipts.  Not hooked up yet, but what kinds of problems should I be on the lookout for?  Bought it from a friend, so I did not feel like I was getting the whole sales spiel from someone looking to make a commission.  

Any insight would be appreciated, especially since I am at a loss to fimd many (ok, any?) other post regarding the Marin model.  Also, it looks like the model design has changed since mine does not exactly resemble the new Marin model on Sundance's website.

BTW, you guys are all very intertaining here, lemme tell ya!

Hot Tub Forum

Used Sundance Marin
« on: July 22, 2004, 05:09:07 pm »

whisperwisher

Re: Used Sundance Marin
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 06:18:25 pm »
Re my original post... I should have explained that I did witness the spa filled and functioning and I did my wet tests and read everything I could get my hands on knew I wanted a Sundance.  (and BTW, I'd never buy anything from Wal-mart, let alone a purchase such as this.)  However, since I see others reading my post and not responding, I am starting to think that those of you who claim NOT to be salespeople or dealers or techs, really are. if you think I made a mistake buying a 10 year old model, tell me that too.  I've read tons of posts about things that have gone wrong with other Sundance models, so I do have some idea of what I have gotten into.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 07:25:02 pm »
Hi Whisper, first time buyer so I don't know what happens to a 10 yr old tub.  My guess would be, heater elements burn out, plumbing leaks due to stress from pump surging when it comes on, pump failure, insect/water damage to the base.  I'm curious what the repair guys out there see happen to tubs this age.

I'm also curious, what did a 10 year old Marin set you back (if you don't mind sharing.)  We looked at a Marin (new) but bought a HotSpring (wet test.)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 09:34:56 pm »
Congratulations!  May you always have hot, bubbly water!

I am not a dealer, tech, or anything else.  My first tub is just shy of it's first birthday!  Therefore, I can't help you much on what to look out for in a tub that age!

I looked at the Sundance Altamar.  The Marin looked to be a good tub, also!

If you have that kind of documentation (repair receipts, instructions, etc) then I feel you made an informed decision and got yourself a great tub for a great price!

Good luck!!!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 02:38:26 am »
Well you have already bought your tub.

If you were to ask the question before purchase it may be different, but be that as it may you have bought a good name brand.

Any problems you may have will be what one would expect with a ten year old spa.

If you did not pay more than $1500 for it I would say you got a good deal.

After 10 years you may expect to replace pump seals, or motor and pump and maybe a heater down the road, which should not be any suprise.

So welcome to Spatopia, just relax and enjoy.

Regards, Zz

Just another Hot tub owner.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 02:38:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42