What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Big and Tall guy wants a small hot tub for the garage  (Read 2993 times)

FTLOSM

Big and Tall guy wants a small hot tub for the garage
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:25:54 pm »
Hey everyone, well I am a big and tall guy 6'6" @ 365lbs, and I want to find a small hot tub to put in my 3 car garage, the garage itself is heated and has insulation along with a 220 outlet from the previous owners Mig Welder and Compressor.

I am mainly just looking for something non conforming (I don't fit well into formed seats) and for it to be deep because I am so tall.

I had the idea of trying to find a nordic dealer locally to see if I fit into a bella ms since it measured 38 inches deep i believe, and if I didn't fit well width wise (inside the tub), maybe try to move up to one of their deep round tubs like the warrior xl.

Are there any other deep models I should be considering for quality, price etc keeping in mind I don't want to have all the interior hip and lounge type restrictions because I generally don't fit well into preformed seats.

Also never owned a hot tub but it is a lot of work to maintain the chemicals, it would be used by me only rarely my wife may want to use it on her own only if she pulls a muscle or something she's not a fan like me of hot tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

Big and Tall guy wants a small hot tub for the garage
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:25:54 pm »

CCC

Re: Big and Tall guy wants a small hot tub for the garage
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:36:27 am »
Being tall sucks when it comes to finding stuff like this that fits for you. I'm 6'4" and I had a hell of a time finding something that was comfortable, but I ended up with a Hotspring Grandee, which sounds like way more that what you are looking for, especially if you are looking for a more open seating configuration. Marquis had a deeper, smaller tub. I can't recall the name. But they are a little more on the form-fitting side of things.

Compatico

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:13:58 pm »
Hey everyone, well I am a big and tall guy 6'6" @ 365lbs, and I want to find a small hot tub to put in my 3 car garage, the garage itself is heated and has insulation along with a 220 outlet from the previous owners Mig Welder and Compressor.
The hot tub needs to be hard wired with a GFCI breaker to be safe, not any kind of 220v outlet.

As for tubs, just start looking online and in stores. We found many brands will have some models with molded "captains chair" seats and some will be more open, even within the same brand and model line. You need to find a tub that works best for YOU as everyone is different and that's why there's so many brands out there.
Also never owned a hot tub but it is a lot of work to maintain the chemicals,
I'm guessing that was a typo and you meant to ask if it's a lot of work, and I don't think so. I don't use all the fancy expensive chemicals from a hot tub store. Instead I use the dichlor & bleach method. Dichlor to keep the chlorine stable and at minimal levels during tub use, and liquid Clorox brand 6% chlorine for shock. Works great and not hard to manage.
it would be used by me only rarely my wife may want to use it on her own only if she pulls a muscle or something she's not a fan like me of hot tubs.
Don't count on it...my wife didn't use to like soaking in 104' hot water at all, but now she doesn't want to get out when we're done.  ;D
[/quote]

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:13:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42