What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub FINALLY ordered!!!!!!  (Read 4055 times)

saz

Hot tub FINALLY ordered!!!!!!
« on: July 21, 2004, 07:36:31 am »
Hiya everyone,
well, the day has finally arrived...we've ordered our hot-tub.............yeh! Decided in the end to go with the Marquis Spa Reward, in white, with the lightpack thingy technical stuff. (you can tell I know what I'm talking about!!lol)  Decided to go with the beech wood surround, and the wildwood cover....but the best thing is, that after having several hairy arsed builders camping out in my garden and trampling my petunias while putting down our concrete base, and patio and stuff, we only have to wait until a week on Thursday for it to be delivered!!!!  Isn't that just the best?????
Anyway, we've got the sparky here today running cables and stuff, and next week our hot tub will be being craned in!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!  I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!  I'm a  bit worried about the crane - keep having visions of the hot-tub descending from a great height onto the house, so if anyone has got any feel good stories about how their installation with a crane went without a hitch, I would be very pleased to read them.......... but no crane distasters please....I dont think my nerves could take it!!!!!!!lol

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub FINALLY ordered!!!!!!
« on: July 21, 2004, 07:36:31 am »

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
Re: Hot tub FINALLY ordered!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 07:41:54 am »
Congrats!  I hope your delivery goes fast and well!

spaguyohio

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 09:40:40 am »
Ive never heard of a spa crashing into a house, but love the tv commercial where the boat comes flying through the air and slams into the roof.

I did see a spa get dropped once on delivery, pushed off the truck and crashed to the ground.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 09:56:06 am »
My story about our crane delivery is that it went smoothly. Although the delivery crew did have an audience, school had just let out and the were lots of kids across the street looking on.  The crew informed me that this was the first time that they ever had an audience and that now was not the best time to drop the tub.  GULP! I said.  :o

Congratulations. The delivery is very smooth and much faster that a dolly.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 09:57:02 am »
We have done many crane deliveries without a hitch. Relax. But keep track of the dog, just the same....

Congratulations on your choice - may you soak long and prosper.

;D ;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 12:37:38 pm »
Woo hoo!!!  Congrats!!!

Saz, I had a crane delivery and it went so smooth!  The spa pulled up seconds before the crane driver.  They strapped that puppy up and he sent the thing flying!  LOL!  An awesome sight!!!

From the time the crane got to my house, until the time he pulled out looking for lunch was 30 minutes (total)!!!

He placed the spa gently where it was supposed to go, and the delivery guys took over from there.  In fact, this was the first ever crane delivery for this dealer, and the delivery guys were so excited!  Crazy, I know, but they were young.  Anyway, one told me he wished they would deliver all tubs this way.  No wrestling with the dolly over uneven ground, or dodging obstacles.  They said mine was the fastest delivery they had ever witnessed!

Suffice it to say, take lots of pictures.  When I look back at my pictures of delivery, I can laugh.  I had a small audience from neighbors who were excited that I was getting a tub!  My hubby was the one who was petrified it would be dropped on the house.  But once I saw the sling they used to strap in the tub and attach to the crane, I knew it would be ok.

Good luck!  You are almost in spatopia!!!  May you always have hot, bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

IonHeaven

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 11:19:48 pm »
I wet tested a Reward today. You got yourself a great tub! I'm close to a decision and soon to pour the concrete! Not sure we will have a crane involved though.

Congrats on your decision and let me know how it all turns out!

IonHeaven

P.S. What other tubs were you considering?

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 12:52:12 am »
Congratulations, Welcome to SpaTopia!

Gerrym

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 06:24:00 am »
Well done, congrats and ABOUT TIME TOO !!!

You will ove it, although in my experience of the past two weeks you will have fun and games with the chemicals!

Good luck

Gerry

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
maRe: Hot tub FINALLY ordered!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 09:31:05 pm »
You will have many years of hotttttt water yea babyyyyy....Jt ;D

Hot Tub Forum

maRe: Hot tub FINALLY ordered!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 09:31:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42