What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does size matter?  (Read 3975 times)

FLspa

Does size matter?
« on: July 21, 2004, 07:52:23 pm »
I wet-tested 2 Vita Spa models today (the Cabaret and the Essence) and really liked both of them. My question is this - I've read several posts that say not to worry about the money or how much the spa costs (or at least not to let that be the deciding factor). So would you recommend that I stay within my original budget (and get the Essence) or go over somewhat (and get the Cabaret)? The difference between the 2 models is $1200 and like I said, I liked both of them. The main advantage to the Cabaret is the size of it. Will I regret getting a smaller one later or does it really not matter? Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Does size matter?
« on: July 21, 2004, 07:52:23 pm »

Maverick

Re: Does size matter?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 08:07:08 pm »
Other than the size, the fact that one has a lounge seat and the other does not should, it seems, be a major factor. You either want a lounger or not. IMO, this is the first decision to be made when choosing spa shell designs.

FLspa

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 08:53:59 pm »
Yes, you're right. I really didn't love the lounger. I definitely floated in it more than others that I had tried. But I did like the other seats that the Essence offered, so I was willing to overlook it. And actually, the lounge would be my husband's seat more than mine.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 12:54:59 am »
The size of the footwell is also important.  When you have five people in your tub you may not want to play footsies.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 08:06:41 am »
The size of the footwell is also important.  When you have five people in your tub you may not want to play footsies.

Agreed!  Most poeple only wet test with 2 people, but if buying a larger tub, make note of the footwell area.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cparlf

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 09:30:31 am »
My tub is on order, and I am busy clearing a few trees etc from the site; found a great electrician, talking with cement contractors et al.  So, I am no tub expert.  Another thank to the posters who have been so helpful in this project.  

When shopping however, my wife and I really liked the tubs with domed jets in the footwells.  Some call them volcanoes?   With more than two users, they give each user a place to put their feet besides someone elses lap.  Not that the occaisional "Who's foot is that?" is a bad thing.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 12:59:55 pm »
I've been told it doesn't.  :-/
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 01:36:15 pm »
Depends on whether you are one who entertains guests often. Most people coming into my store think they want a party tub, just in case they have guests. My question to all shoppers is this "who is going to use this tub 90% of the time?" This often makes people rethink the size of the tub. I entertain from time to time, however I am not going to spend an extra $1-2K so that my guests can get the same quality spa experience I want when my wife and I go into the tub. My focus when I selected my tub was to get a seat that is right for me (nice lounger) and one that is good for her. Guests can use our seats when they visit and we all move around from seat to seat.
Homeworks Financing Representative

rick

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 01:39:09 pm »
Wisoki's right.  I've been told that to.  

The motion of your jets is what matters.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 01:39:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42