What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 hydropool questions from novice  (Read 2280 times)

robbieesprit

2005 hydropool questions from novice
« on: March 16, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »
Hi all

just trying to re commission a 2005 hydropool h800 (8 man).
I bought it secondhand so am trying to learn about it and have a couple of questions

1. when the pumps go on the ice bucket fills with water, is this normal? how does the plumbing work?
2. this is a self cleaning spa, when I got it had loads of crud in it (leaves, seeds, muck dirt etc etc), this all swirls around like one of those snow domes, I thought these spa clean "100% of water in 15 minutes" mines doesn't, its like the weir isn't pulling the stuff in, any tips cheers rob.

Hot Tub Forum

2005 hydropool questions from novice
« on: March 16, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2005 hydropool questions from novice
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 10:46:41 am »
Hi all

just trying to re commission a 2005 hydropool h800 (8 man).
I bought it secondhand so am trying to learn about it and have a couple of questions

1. when the pumps go on the ice bucket fills with water, is this normal? how does the plumbing work?
2. this is a self cleaning spa, when I got it had loads of crud in it (leaves, seeds, muck dirt etc etc), this all swirls around like one of those snow domes, I thought these spa clean "100% of water in 15 minutes" mines doesn't, its like the weir isn't pulling the stuff in, any tips cheers rob.

1) no the ice bucket should drain not fill
2) no such thing as a self cleaning spa.  On these  tubs the bottom drains don't actually go through the filter it just circulates the water.  Leaves would be way to big to get sucked through those drains anyway.  Sounds like you need some jet line cleaner, aahsome, or spa purge to clean out the gunk in those lines

robbieesprit

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »
hi, yep ice bucket deff fills with water and no sign of it draining...which is a little worrying...

the stuff you mention to clean the lines, do you have to do a drain down once it goes in? could it sort ice bucket issue out?

Also yes I know the little holes in the bottom you are referring to, Hydropool manual does show this going off to the filter....I ended up having to scope 90% if crud out by hand as it was suspended in the water and not making its way to the filter, the rest has been collected in the filter so am hosing out the filter every day to keep on top of it...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42