What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New but damaged Sundance Tub - should I?  (Read 3786 times)

Blizzard180

New but damaged Sundance Tub - should I?
« on: March 13, 2016, 02:58:47 pm »
I am looking at purchasing a Sundance Altamar that had some damage - there were chips off the arcrylic and a small 4" crack - not under the water line it was on the top and outside of the shell.  They repaired the damage so it looks decent - you can see the repaired areas in the right light.

Everything has a full warranty EXCEPT the damaged parts of the shell which have no warranty.  Obviously they tell me it is just cosmetic damage.

It is selling for just under 8k with steps, lifter and cover.   Am I just asking for future trouble if I buy this?  Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Hot Tub Forum

New but damaged Sundance Tub - should I?
« on: March 13, 2016, 02:58:47 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New but damaged Sundance Tub - should I?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:44:07 pm »
   Jacuzzi and Sundance shells are incredibly strong and well built, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.    How old is the spa?  2016/15 it's a good price.  Any older I would pay maybe 6500 to 7K

Thnx Tman  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:48:37 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 04:42:49 pm »
 ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:58:24 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Blizzard180

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 05:42:28 pm »
   Jacuzzi and Sundance shells are incredibly strong and well built, I honestly would worry about it.    How old is the spa?  2016/15 it's a good price.  Any older I would pay maybe 6500 to 7K

Its a 2015 model.  And they are going to add an ozone system on top of the clearray.  They do that on all their sales.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 09:42:07 pm »
   Jacuzzi and Sundance shells are incredibly strong and well built, I honestly would worry about it.    How old is the spa?  2016/15 it's a good price.  Any older I would pay maybe 6500 to 7K

Its a 2015 model.  And they are going to add an ozone system on top of the clearray.  They do that on all their sales.

I would do it.   ;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 07:05:45 am »

I would do it.   ;)

IMO. I would think that a damaged shell might not pose a problem although I have read that sometimes a spa's shell delaminates not necessarily Sundance. If it was under the water line I would say not to purchase it but if it doesn't affect it in any way I would probably agree to get it if you are getting a great discount; I do not know the pricing of spas these days

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 06:09:52 pm »
IMO. I would think that a damaged shell might not pose a problem although I have read that sometimes a spa's shell delaminates not necessarily Sundance. If it was under the water line I would say not to purchase it but if it doesn't affect it in any way I would probably agree to get it if you are getting a great discount; I do not know the pricing of spas these days

Vinny where you been, them things is expensive.
Retired

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 07:14:42 pm »

Vinny where you been, them things is expensive.

I have an 11 YO spa ... I guess you can say I'm in a time warp! ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 07:14:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42