What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deal Advice  (Read 5001 times)

Whitingr

Deal Advice
« on: March 15, 2016, 02:53:52 pm »
In the process of shopping for replacement hot tub after 1994 Catalina CS3 finally shot craps!  Hot tub is primarily for wife who has MS with extreme pain.  Hot tub helps with pain manage th so a replacement is a must. 

Haven't done any dry/wet tests as of yet.  In KC so there are good various options.  Do not have endless funds to spend but looking for a 3-4 person tub 4K-6k.  I would love a higher end bigger hot tub but not in the cards at this time. 

I have inquired about a Garden Spas Hydrangea. Quote with fully foamed tub including cover, chemicals and delivery/setup at $4999 plus tax. Not sure the quality of that deal.  Thoughts?   

There is also a Hot Springs dealer nearby.  Will be looking at the Hot Springs SX as well.   Any feedback or thoughts is appreciated. 

Hot Tub Forum

Deal Advice
« on: March 15, 2016, 02:53:52 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Deal Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:54:17 pm »
Check out Nordic and Viking at thAt price point

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:34:37 pm »
You might get lucky and find a Jacuzzi J-245 or J-235 at 5995.00   Might be worth seeing if there is a dealer around. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 09:12:42 pm »
I have inquired about a Garden Spas Hydrangea. Quote with fully foamed tub including cover, chemicals and delivery/setup at $4999 plus tax. Not sure the quality of that deal.  Thoughts?   

First scan of their web site, 1 year warranty is weak. 3BHP pump is very whimpy, whats that 1.5HP? You may be disappointing in the power. Honestly never heard of them but there's thousands like them out there.
Retired

Hottubprosne

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 10:41:07 am »
Garden spas are made by artesian spas they are the beginning model 110v tubs. If you make it 220v and add the 3hp they have great pressure. We sell a lot of the iris model and haven't had any problems with them. $4995.00 is about right with lift and steps but like anything there is a little room in there. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:20 am »
Nordic makes a good basic spa in that price range...

http://www.nordichottubs.com/indoor-outdoor/item/retreat.html

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 11:56:12 am »
As an Artesian Spas dealer, and because you asked about the Garden Series, you can find a better option in the South Seas series that will fit w/in your desired price range.  The 735/748 are good options, have dual pumps and carry a full 3 year warranty on parts/labor.

The Garden Series is indeed their most basic units.  They are not bad for the minimal amount of features they offer.  And another poster was right:  220v isn't that bad for what you're paying for (their acrylic spas that usually run cheaper than roto-mold units).  But again- The South Seas series is something you should investigate if you're staying in the $4-6k range. 

I haven't had many problems with them, I get great support from Artesian Spas, and they use Balboa controls and motors.  As long as your local dealer is also reputable (and that is very important), I'd say your better value is the South Seas line. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 11:56:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42