What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa care for dummies  (Read 9500 times)

dmh807

spa care for dummies
« on: July 21, 2004, 11:41:13 am »
Just got our spa last week and Ilm not sure about taking care of it.  Seems like a lot of "add a tsp of this and a tbsp of that when used a lot".  Check with test strip.  How do all of you keep track of what you do and how often you check?  I'm sure this will get easier when I understand all the chemicals and bottles but it sure seems a lot right now.  Is there a "spa book for dummies?"

Hot Tub Forum

spa care for dummies
« on: July 21, 2004, 11:41:13 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: spa care for dummies
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 12:43:26 pm »
I'm sure this will get easier when I understand all the chemicals and bottles but it sure seems a lot right now.  

That was your key sentence.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Snuggles

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 03:15:38 pm »
Spatech is 100% right. At first it may seem overwhelming, and usually newbies over do chemicals and testing in the beginning. Just relax and take it slow you'll be a pro in no time. In the mean time check out Dr. Spa's website and look in the FAQ section of the message boards particularly Vermonter's and Northman's Dichlor postings. Remember that you bought your tub to relax in. Now Enjoy!!!  

http://www.rhtubs.com/bbs/FAQ.htm

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 05:31:24 pm »
Read, read again and read a third time.  About my 3rd or 4th time reading all the same information, it started to make sense.  I'm only on Day 7 of Spatopia but so far its been easy and fun.  I keep a small notebook in my test kit and make notes for myself, measurements and chems and such.  I wrote on my wall calendar for the next 2 mo. what days to do what:  Mon- Spa Defender, Wed-ScumGon, Fri-Bright N Clear, shocks of 2TBL dichlor on Thurs and Sunday.  

If you have not yet read the FAQ at www.rhtubs.com I would highly recommend you start there.  Lots of info.  

And do searches here at this forum for the chems, you will find threads to help you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 05:31:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42