What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cloudy Water-Please HELP  (Read 5959 times)

treviso

Cloudy Water-Please HELP
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:57:48 am »
I am hoping that I can get some help in fixing my Cloudy Water problem.  I have a new 2004 Marquis Euphoria utilizing the bromine Spa Frog system that no matter what I do, I cannot seem to clear up the water.  The dealer tells me to bring down the pH and Alkalinity, which I have and it hasn't made any difference.  I have shocked. cleaned the filters, added clarity solution, pH/Alkaline Increase, decrease, etc...
Please HELP!  

Rob :'(

Hot Tub Forum

Cloudy Water-Please HELP
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:57:48 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Cloudy Water-Please HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 01:48:31 pm »
Most of the time, cloudy water indicates lack of sanitizer.  Did you start your system with a bromine reserve with sodium bromide and then maintain with bromine tabs.  Shock once per week.  When bromine levels get to zero or in times of heavy use, add dichlor to clear.

treviso

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 03:49:19 pm »
Tony,
The spa frog has a bromine dispenser and a mineral dispenser.  The dealer set it up on 3 for bromine, 6 for minerals.  Can I add Dichlor to a bromine tub?  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 04:32:35 pm »
Yes you can.  Your bromine tabs are part chlorine.  You can also shock with dichlor.  You need to maintain a 1-2 ppm level of bromine with the frog.  The only way to tell if your settings are right is to test and then adjust.  You should get a bromine reserve going before relying on the tabs.  The dichlor will clear things up faster than anything else when all goes bad.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 04:59:21 pm »
I would put in two ounces of Dichlor, run the filters for at least an hour, and then check it in about three hours.

If that hasn't cleared it up, after all you have also done,  I would simply change the water.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 09:43:05 pm »
I am useing nature2 and my dealer told me just to shock it once a week or put a little dab  when i leave the spa and nothing else.I was useing Sparkle Spa Concentrated Granules to Stabilized Chiorinator to Disinfects and kills algae and bacteria.But my spa dealer told to to stop useing it and just use Shock free and the nature2 will do the rest..............hope hes right johnnyT :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 06:06:59 pm »
Are you shocking it with Dichlor? If not, you are headed for trouble. You need to keep some (very little) small amount of sanitizer in at all times. I have tons of nice new customers - because their old dealer told them the same thing yours told you...   ;)

Snuggles

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 11:06:28 am »
I'm with Chaz you must have Dichlor or N2 will not be enough. Personally I don't like MPS except as a sometime replacement for shock.    

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 09:57:28 pm »
My dealer told me just add a little Shock Free every week or when i get out of the spa and since i am useing nature 2 he says i will not should not use anything else.I was adding Sparkle Spa Concentrated Granules but my dealer and salespeople say just use the shock free and i will not need anything else.Thanks allllll johnnyT ???

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 10:01:32 pm »
It's called    NU-CLO Shock 2 Chlorine Free Oxidzer..... ???

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 01:00:33 am »
My dealer told me just add a little Shock Free every week or when i get out of the spa and since i am useing nature 2 he says i will not should not use anything else.I was adding Sparkle Spa Concentrated Granules but my dealer and salespeople say just use the shock free and i will not need anything else.Thanks allllll johnnyT ???

JT - I hope your health insurance pays for prescriptions. The antibiotics you are going to need for your impending case of pseudomonas are not cheap.

Dichlor buddy - there, now you have had a dealer tell you to use dichlor. Whatcha gonna do?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 01:56:40 am »

Dichlor buddy - there, now you have had a dealer tell you to use dichlor. Whatcha gonna do?

Chas is 100% correct. Nature 2 without use of dichlor in your weekly regiment WILL lead to problems, for sure. Chlorine is a great sanitizer, don't leave home without it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 01:57:23 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 10:22:53 am »
It is amazing what some dealers (or sales persons) instruct people to do.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 06:48:50 pm »
Funny thing I called the company that Makes Sparkle and they told me if i was NOT useing nature2 i should be useing their product and its called Sparkle Spa Concentrated Granules to Stabilized Chlorinator .And Sparkle told me it has Chlorine in their product.......And Sparkle told me if i am useing the Nature2 I should use the Shock Free that came with my spa and thats all I will need.Funny why would the Sparkle company tell me not to use their product with nature2 if it was not true. ???JohnnyT

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 02:21:29 pm »
Chas et all are correct. Metal and ozone purification systems are meant to supliment not repl ???ace chlorine or bromine. Without using chlorine or bromine you risk an infection of the hair folicals, as chas mentioned. The result would be antibiotics and 6-12 weeks out of the tub. You dont want to go there! :P
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 02:21:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42