What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does pearl white really scratch?  (Read 3352 times)

FLspa

Does pearl white really scratch?
« on: July 20, 2004, 10:47:06 am »
Hi everyone. I'm shopping for my first spa and love the pearl white shell, but I've heard that it scratches easily. Is this true? I really like it much more than the granite finish, but certainly don't want to make a bad investment. Any input would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Does pearl white really scratch?
« on: July 20, 2004, 10:47:06 am »

rick

Re: Does pearl white really scratch?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 10:59:27 am »
Yes, they scratch, and unfortunately, are very noticeable after the fact.  But then again, there's really no reason to get it scratched, especially if you don't have kids playing in it.  Just take off your jewelry before you get in,  and clip those toenails too!  :)

I settled on the granite because of the kid factor and the fact that my last spa was a "smoothie" and the scratches do accumulate.  

Biggest thing, if you're gonna have fancy lighting in your spa is to stay with the lighter colored shells, like your pearl.  The lights play much nicer on a light background.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 09:34:17 pm »
I have a pearl HotSpring Vanguard!

No scratches after 10 months!  

I don't have the kid factor.  

Just my $.02 worth.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

UnderTheStars

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 10:07:08 pm »
Hey, that's great to hear - the Vanguard we ordered is pearl!  (The lights look absolutely awesome in that finish.  At least, they did in the dealer's "wet room" with the room lights off. . .can't wait to see the lights in my back yard.)  Thanks Lori!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 07:17:57 am »
That is one thing I love the best, the colored lights at night!  Oh so nice and relaxing, expecially when I have some music playing!!!  That is when I like to soak!!!

The lights will look even better in your back yard, Under the Stars!  Mainly because the tub will be in your back yard...lol!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 07:17:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42