What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pearl White easy to scratch  (Read 3630 times)

newtubguy

Pearl White easy to scratch
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:03:40 am »
I just bought new Caldera Elation tub, and I can already see couple scratches on it, it was floor model, so to be expected, anyway to buff them out?

Hot Tub Forum

Pearl White easy to scratch
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:03:40 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Pearl White easy to scratch
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 03:07:08 pm »
Empty tub, rub with a wet cloth and rubbing compound until the area is even. If you can't get the scratches out this way, go to 400, then 600 then 1200 grit wet/dry paper followed by the rubbing compound.

Then go over it lightly and quickly with a power buffer with the finest compound you can find.

Clean up the mess, put on a protective high-temp polish such as "Spa Shine" and fill and enjoy your spa.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtubguy

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 09:44:19 pm »
thanks for the info, sounds like a lot of work, I think I will wait til I see numerous scratches until I tackle that job

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 12:51:55 am »
Well, If you put one of those little buffing wheels in a Dremel Tool, it takes on a whole different picture - not that big of a deal.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:43:41 pm »
Perhaps, before trying anything to distructive (with waranty in mind) Try something less abrasive.  Leisure Time (SP?) Makes a Spa Fast Gloss that might do the trick on less dramatic scratches.  Just a thought...if you find something better I think we would all like to know. :)
¿

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:43:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42