What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: South Sea Spa 850B - Potential first buy  (Read 5580 times)

jamesh

South Sea Spa 850B - Potential first buy
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:25:55 pm »
Searched everything i can about this tub, any input greatly appreciated. Not looking forward to spending any more, im ok with a 3 year warranty if there are any known cosmetic issues etc. that go wrong and such... please inform me for im am a first time buyer eye balling this specific tub. thanks much to all.

Hot Tub Forum

South Sea Spa 850B - Potential first buy
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:25:55 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: South Sea Spa 850B - Potential first buy
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:37:09 pm »
Its a great tub.  I'd check into the 860 as it has 3 motors and 10 extra jets *IF* you're really wanting a ton of action at probably not too much of a price increase.  But I have the 850's on my floor and in it stacks up well vs equally priced competitors in my market.

I sell South Seas (so yes, I am obviously biased) but for a mid-range price brand I've been happy with the results.  My customers tend to enjoy them, they use all Balboa motors and controls, and though I personally have like Waterway Jets for the majority of my career, the CMP jets they use generate a soft massage (low pressure) that some or most brands in the mid range pricing may utilize (high pressure).

I've had a positive experience dealing with Artesian Spas (parent company of South Seas) which is encouraging.  The rep and support staff are very quick to respond and have always reimbursed me for any warranty issues.  So that is a plus too.

Again- I don't have a dog in this race.  I can only tell you of my interaction as a dealer with a manufacturer.  Obviously a customer may have a better perspective, one I wish I could relay.  But I do hope that this will help you make a decision.

Good luck moving forward.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »
I would trust this analysis. Specaily from the wizard  ;D
Retired

Sam

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 01:15:56 pm »
South Seas are a good middle of the road line of spas.  They match up well against similarly priced spas.  They tend to be well built and reliable.

nymxracer

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:59:53 pm »
I just bought a South Seas 735L and so far so good. I did call a few manufacturer's before I bought my tub and Artesian customer service was always prompt, on the ball, and even elaborated without me asking them to. They also seemed to be the most grounded and not on a high horse like they just invented a cure for cancer.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 05:22:34 pm »
I've heard hydrotherapy can cure cancer............  ;)
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:10:04 pm »
And if theriputic enought, it'll melt the snow on your driveway, power the coffee maker in the morning and purify the smoke coming out your wood burning chimney.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 05:43:52 pm »
And if theriputic enought, it'll melt the snow on your driveway,

Fact
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 05:43:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42