What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delivered...Now sitting  (Read 3529 times)

Stl_Looking

Delivered...Now sitting
« on: July 19, 2004, 01:22:38 pm »
Hey everybody,

My caldera geneva was delivered 7/16, but my electrician (best friends dad) has not been able to make it over to get the tub wired, and says it may be up to 2 weeks before he can get it done.  He's doing it for FREE, so i'm forcing myself to wait.

My question is...At what length of time, if any, should i get concerned about the tub sitting empty (cover is on, of course  ;))?

Besides the torture of waiting, is it possible to do any other sort of harm?

Thanks as always!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Delivered...Now sitting
« on: July 19, 2004, 01:22:38 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Delivered...Now sitting
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 01:49:31 pm »
The dealers are probably better for this response, but I would think that as long as you keep the tub covered and not exposed you should be fine. Except for that %("/%?& wait.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 01:49:52 pm by doodoo »

usuallytrue

• Sundance owner
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 03:33:47 pm »
Hi -
I was in the same position...had my tub delivered (Sundance)and had to wait 2 weeks for the electrical.  I could hardly stand the waiting.  In fact, I can't believe I did this - I actually went out (with a glass of wine in hand)and sat in it dry trying to imagine it all working :) (My housemate thought I was nuts!)
I did a thorough wipe down of the inside right before the filling as it did seem a little dusty.  There was some residual gunk that spurted out when we started it up (probably from the dealer test runs-the filter soon took care of that) but other than that everything - according to my install guy- was pretty routine.
My dealer did want me to call and let them know how everything went etc.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 09:36:37 pm »
think of saving the $800 too $1500,Wait theres no rush lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.JohnnyT :o

UnderTheStars

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 05:36:12 am »
Waiting is no fun, but think how far along you are- (remember when you were still shopping, testing, deciding!)  You're a couple steps ahead of me.  I'm building forms/hauling gravel this weekend (rained-out last weekend.)  Then wait for the 'crete guy, 7 days to cure the slab, and THEN I'll be waiting for the electrician - Phwew, that's WEEKS away!

I'm sure at that point I'll try UsuallyTrue's "dry soak" with a glass of wine.  I think it's a great idea to pass the time!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 05:36:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42