What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: An Idea for getting good deal  (Read 4080 times)

myersbuck

An Idea for getting good deal
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:03:17 pm »
So I just pulled the trigger on my first hot tub (Hot Spot Rhythm). Dealers in my area were priced $6,800 - $7,200 (otd). Now I live in a nice size city but its not huge by any means (Traverse City Michigan). So I started calling the bigger cities that are over 125 miles away on pricing.....I finally closed a deal at $5,700 (otd) with even nicer add-ons. So try calling larger cities or other cities even if they are a hike away. You never know what you may find!

Hot Tub Forum

An Idea for getting good deal
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:03:17 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: An Idea for getting good deal
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:02:26 pm »
How much is he charging for a service call when he has to drive a 125 miles to fix something?  Sound like you got a good deal but if you have a couple warranty issues your savings will most likely be gone

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »
Its a good idea on paper until its December 22 and your hot tub isn't heating...local dealer is going to either say "tough sh*t" or charge an arm and a leg to come out

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 04:00:36 pm »
Good deals come in more forms than price.  If that's all you care about, then yeah, you did good.  Personally, I like putting food on the table for my family, so it's a bad deal for me to sell that spa at that price.  If I didn't have to service anything, I could probably sell stuff that low!  But I would also employ a lot less people!

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 04:09:20 pm »
Mileage difference noted is like driving from Philly to DC.  Pretty sure the dealer in DC isn't driving to Philly to fix.

myersbuck

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:56:30 pm »
Price is extremely important to me. $150 for a warranty call for them to drive but with $1,100 in savings I'm ok with that. Looks great on paper and my bank account.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »
At the moment is may...but only time will tell.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 09:39:28 pm »
Price is extremely important to me. $150 for a warranty call for them to drive but with $1,100 in savings I'm ok with that. Looks great on paper and my bank account.

If that's all he's charging then he's praying nothing happens to that tub.  He already left a ton of money on the table and didn't make hardly anything when you consider he delivered it for that price. What happens it sounded like is its December-January and looked his bank accounts and freaked out. You were the lucky recipient. Hopefully service isn't needed in your case

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 09:39:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42