What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: circulation pump  (Read 4291 times)

the boy raymond

circulation pump
« on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:55 pm »
I have a 9 yr old Hydro Spa MKIII Lexxus spa. I live in the west of Ireland. The original spa supplier went bust several years ago. A year ago a hot tub engineer, the only one I could find, an agent for Canadian Spa, covering our whole area replaced the circulation pump, heater and circuit board and control panel(Canadian Spa) when the spa lost power. I commented on how noisy the pump was and he said it was because it was a  more powerful pump. Recently the heater failed again and the controls kept reverting from standard mode to economy mode by itself. but the engineer by now was refusing to answer my calls, or acknowledge my emails. I managed to find an alternate engineer from further afield who at great expense recently came out and replaced the heater element. he mentioned how noisy the circ. pump was and that it sounded like that was the next thing to go. He knew the previous engineer, and said he was full of bs. Sure enough, within a couple of hours of him leaving, the pump stopped working. I rang the 2nd engineer who said the pump should not have been installed as it had a warning label stating 'caution this pump is for use with permanently installed water pools only do not use with storable pools'. He says he can replace it but the cost and his next call out fee and labour costs  is something I can no longer justify as my wife and I are pensioners. We have already spent way too much money on it over the last year, particularly as the 2nd engineer cannot guarantee that something else may go wrong. My wife and I are very distressed by the whole affair and are on the verge of giving up on the spa. What I would like to know please is this: is the 2nd engineer right when he refers to the warning label? It is a label not easily visible but I have confirmed it is there. There are no other labels on the pump to tell me its make or HP etc. In the 9yrs we have lived in Ireland having moved from the UK we have become distrustful of many Irish tradesmen, but this has reached a new level.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:06:00 am by the boy raymond »

Hot Tub Forum

circulation pump
« on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:55 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: circulation pump
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »
for 1 week lodging in Ireland I can help :-) just kidding....would it be possible for you to take a picture of the current pump that is in place so we can give some recommendations? much easier that way

the boy raymond

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:30:16 am »
I'll try. It's awkward as it's hidden mostly behind the circuit board but I'll have a go. Thanks for the reply

the boy raymond

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:07:28 am »
I don't seem to have an option to post a photo or attachment to this message. How do I attach a photo please?

the boy raymond

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 05:33:42 am »
Does anyone who uses this forum please know how to upload a photo to a post?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 06:43:45 am »
Post your photos on a hosting site such as Photo bucket. Grab the link from there to post here.
Retired

the boy raymond

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 08:41:43 am »
Thank you

the boy raymond

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 06:58:55 am »
I have managed to identify the pump as being a cheap Chinese import. I have also got it to work. The engineer who fitted it connected the old plug lead to the replacement by just protecting it from water using insulation tape. That had not worked and the connection had been fried. I rewired it myself using a sealed box. I have also changed all the bodged connections using sealed 'coffin boxes'. It is now up and running.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 06:58:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42