What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm a rookie looking at a Royal Spa - need help  (Read 6713 times)

lovetoeatpumpkinpie

I'm a rookie looking at a Royal Spa - need help
« on: February 17, 2016, 08:25:27 pm »
My wife and I started our hot tub search with the Hot Springs Grandee.  I loved the look and the reputation of the tub.  It had a wireless remote, which was cool, but then I visualized the remote getting thrown around like a Chinese star and costing a lot to replace.  After that we looked at several other brands and eventually came across the Royal Spa. OK I know I sound like I'm drinking the company's koolaid, but to me there is logic to there sales pitch.  We basically want a hot tub to get in the water and have jets relaxing our muscles.  To me, you don't need a computer to do that, and we all know computer will break and they can be expensive.  I have found people comment on other threads, but it seems to be people mostly bashing Royal based on their approach.  Has anybody actually had any experience with them?  (good or bad)  We are looking into the medical package, so anything on that would be gres hat as well.  We really went a no frills, large, reputable, hot tub for us and our 5 kids (teenagers) - and we like loungers.  We have a budget which is why we are looking at Royal Spa Emperor II with medical package.

Have fun 

Hot Tub Forum

I'm a rookie looking at a Royal Spa - need help
« on: February 17, 2016, 08:25:27 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: I'm a rookie looking at a Royal Spa - need help
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:58:09 pm »
It looks like a tub with older molds. The website doesn't really give any specs of what kind of equipment is used. What's the warranty?  Are you in Indiana near the factory?  Can you wet test?  What's your budget?  By the looks of it I'm guessing that tub is in the 5-6500 range?

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 10:09:53 pm »
I hadn't heard of Royal Tubs before but checked out their website. I found it very interesting. They almost make it sound like all the other hot tub companies are a rip off. They have their "hybrid" "industry" and "medical" lines. When I looked at the section on pricing they promised to be $200 less than the competition's similar unit.
Here's a direct quote  about pricing from the site.

"Based on the configurations, features, and upgrades most commonly selected by our customers, the typical price range for a spa in our hybrid line is $4650 – $24995, depending on your choices."

Huh? That's like ever other tub manufacturer in the universe.

How much are they quoting you for the Emperor II with Medical package?

I can't speak for the manufacturing, quality or therapeutic  value of Royal tub, but I know their price range is the same as everyone and warranty not as good as some. So why would someone consider a Royal as opposed to Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Sundance, Artesian, Marquis, Caldera, Hot Spring, etc,

Bottom line, I'm still a newbie, but I've learned a few things  from these forums

Decide on a budget
Shortlist manufactures based on reputation, quality, value, warranty,  years in business, dealer availability.
Shortlist models that meet your wants/needs/budget within manufacturers.
Research complaints, reviews, forums to narrow down choices further.
Wet test, wet test, wet test, all final choices available.
Pick the one you like best and negotiate pricing to meet your budget.

That's what the wife and I did,(wet tested 5 manufactures, many, many tubs) and I was able to feel good about dropping $10k, without any buyer's remorse or regrets. The whole process took months but worth it. Good luck

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 11:05:19 am »
I wonder if the Royal sales people use simple flip phones or maybe those old style brick sized cell phones.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 11:50:28 am »
I wonder if the Royal sales people use simple flip phones or maybe those old style brick sized cell phones.

just to clarify (since I don't like people who spin BS "stories") its not that all other spa companies "rip people off" its simply the fact this company uses some of the oldest/therefore "cheapest" molds in the industry, they do no marketing, and they are probably building spas out of some low rent rural warehouse somewhere with a limited staff and probably paying 1 rep. to cover the entire United States, does all of that make it a "bad" company..absolutely not, its just the real reason why they can sell and 8' x 8' spa loaded up for $6,500 and still stay in business, not the fact that everyone else is ripping people off.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »

just to clarify (since I don't like people who spin BS "stories") its not that all other spa companies "rip people off" its simply the fact this company uses some of the oldest/therefore "cheapest" molds in the industry, they do no marketing, and they are probably building spas out of some low rent rural warehouse somewhere with a limited staff and probably paying 1 rep. to cover the entire United States, does all of that make it a "bad" company..absolutely not, its just the real reason why they can sell and 8' x 8' spa loaded up for $6,500 and still stay in business, not the fact that everyone else is ripping people off.

And with that low overhead you have to wonder how much R&D they do to improve.
Retired

lovetoeatpumpkinpie

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 09:42:15 pm »
Thanks foe the replies, I appreciate the feedback. 

Old technology and old molds aren't necessarily bad, especially if they work well (let' be honest, somethings that were made teh old way, were made much better than the modern way).   

I weigh about 245lbs and I've stood on a Royal spa and mold is sturdier than a lot of other companies that get good reviews on the mb.  I've wet tested a Royal, and it feels good. 

The I was hoping there were some people who had some experiences with Royal to get a feel for the quality / longevity. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 02:06:55 pm »
Thanks foe the replies, I appreciate the feedback. 

Old technology and old molds aren't necessarily bad, especially if they work well (let' be honest, somethings that were made teh old way, were made much better than the modern way).   

I weigh about 245lbs and I've stood on a Royal spa and mold is sturdier than a lot of other companies that get good reviews on the mb.  I've wet tested a Royal, and it feels good. 

The I was hoping there were some people who had some experiences with Royal to get a feel for the quality / longevity.

Unfortunately you probably won't because I don't necassarily think many people have heard of them.  How are there warranties?  How is the dealer?  How long has he sold them for?  Does he do the warranty work himself?  How much is it costing you versus a better name company

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 02:06:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42