What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Grandee vs. Sundance (which model?)...  (Read 8345 times)

Mikester

HotSpring Grandee vs. Sundance (which model?)...
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:27:57 am »
Sorry for posting again about this but looking to move quickly.

My one dealer is a HotSpring dealer.  I like the Grande. (wet tested).  Price is approx $14.5k w/ Bluetooth, ACE.  Like the dealer, too.

My other dealer is a Sundance dealer.  They don't have anything in stock right now.  But, they have other locations and can get something in.  What should I be comparing the Grande to?  (features, cost)?  An Optima?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring Grandee vs. Sundance (which model?)...
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:27:57 am »

JustAnotherNewbie

Re: HotSpring Grandee vs. Sundance (which model?)...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:36:34 pm »
I would say the Aspen or Maxxus. Close in size and price. One has lounge. I wet tested the Maxxus and Grandee back when we were shopping around. Both great tubs! Preferred the Maxxus, not a big fan of the moto massage. Good luck!

Shrugs

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:46:20 am »
I tested them both and the Maxxus is still my favorite tub so far. Just plain better quality and better jets.
Shrugs

Mikester

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:24:46 am »
The problem I have with Sundance is that my local dealer has one tub in stock.  So, forget about a wet test or even seeing a Maxxus/Aspen.  I'd have to order one without trying it.  And, I can't imagine service would be great (they seem OK, but I didn't get a great vibe from them).

My next closest dealer is over an hour away, in another state.  So, what do you recommend?  I have no problem driving an hour to check one out.  But, think that'll be OK with service (getting them to come over from another state)?  Or, do I go with a HotSpring?  From a dealer that I like, is nearby, and giving me a deal that works for me?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 10:03:58 am »
The problem I have with Sundance is that my local dealer has one tub in stock.  So, forget about a wet test or even seeing a Maxxus/Aspen.  I'd have to order one without trying it.  And, I can't imagine service would be great (they seem OK, but I didn't get a great vibe from them).

My next closest dealer is over an hour away, in another state.  So, what do you recommend?  I have no problem driving an hour to check one out.  But, think that'll be OK with service (getting them to come over from another state)?  Or, do I go with a HotSpring?  From a dealer that I like, is nearby, and giving me a deal that works for me?

I'm not caught up, did you test a Grandee, I float pretty bad in a Grandee, Aria and Envoy were my fav. Highlife models

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 10:58:04 am »
Having a reputable dealer is worth a lot.  I would go with HS just because of how you have talked about the dealer here.  I like the Grandee, and I'm partial to HS.  Sundance makes a rock solid product to so both are great from that perspective.

Mikester

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 11:19:51 am »

I'm not caught up, did you test a Grandee, I float pretty bad in a Grandee, Aria and Envoy were my fav. Highlife models

Thanks.  Yes, tested a Grandee.  It works well for us.  Like it.  Wondering if I should consider a Sundance (Aspen/Optima).  It's just harder to do. Local dealer doesn't have either.  Would have to order me one (and only if I commit to it). 

So, happy with Grandee, price and dealer.  Just not sure if I should try to deal with another Sundance dealer far away that may have one/can support it.

I'm guessing pricing for Optima compares to Grandee?  The Grandee is about $13.5k.  Aspen may be more?  Just speculating, since I can't find an Aspen/Optima nearby.

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 11:44:27 am »
Mikester,
If that dealer an hour away has an Aspen or Maxxus you can wet test, it would be worth it to check out. Grandee is an awesome tub but imo, Aspen/Maxxus just is better. You can still buy from and get serviced by your local Sundance dealer. $14k  is a lot of money, I would want to be 100% sure of my choice. If you do go with HS, my choice would be to  save the $ and not get ACE or Bluetooth. Instead I'd go with the HS Everfresh system (UV/Silver Ion/Ozone/MPS) and buy quality outdoor wireless speakers. Good Luck! Keep us updated.

Mikester

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 12:12:22 pm »
Thanks.  Freebie for the ACE.  So, I figure I'll try out.  Bluetooth can be removed.  I do like that it's integrated.  But, may delete. 

Seems like the Optima may be a better comparison to the Grandee than the Aspen/Maxxus?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 02:02:41 pm »

Thanks.  Yes, tested a Grandee.  It works well for us.  Like it.  Wondering if I should consider a Sundance (Aspen/Optima).  It's just harder to do. Local dealer doesn't have either.  Would have to order me one (and only if I commit to it). 

So, happy with Grandee, price and dealer.  Just not sure if I should try to deal with another Sundance dealer far away that may have one/can support it.

I'm guessing pricing for Optima compares to Grandee?  The Grandee is about $13.5k.  Aspen may be more?  Just speculating, since I can't find an Aspen/Optima nearby.

Is he a pool dealer? why isn't he committed to the Sundance brand enough to bring in some of their "Premium" models? or he has cash flow problems because he can't afford to bring one it without you putting money down first? I've worked with enough premium dealers to know that I simply wouldn't do business with anyone who can't floor and present the product the way it should be..a customer shouldn't have to spend money to put spas on his sales floor..just my .02 others mileage may vary

Mikester

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »
Before I drive an hour and a half to check out the Sundances:

Looking at pics and videos of the Optima and Aspen -  the seats on each side of the fountain, they look secluded.  With the fountain in between them, are they too isolated?  I like the idea of an open environment like w/the Grandee.  Will this be a problem with the Aspen/Optima, particularly the seats next to the fountain?

If so, that'll be a deal breaker.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:50:36 pm by Mikester »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:40 pm »

Is he a pool dealer? why isn't he committed to the Sundance brand enough to bring in some of their "Premium" models? or he has cash flow problems because he can't afford to bring one it without you putting money down first? I've worked with enough premium dealers to know that I simply wouldn't do business with anyone who can't floor and present the product the way it should be..a customer shouldn't have to spend money to put spas on his sales floor..just my .02 others mileage may vary

Plus 1 to that post. When I bought my company 5-6 years ago the previous owner sold hot tubs but could never figure why she could only sell 10-15.a year. She had one or two on the floor none running. I switched the business to more of a hot tub store and have seen my numbers consistently at 75-100 tubs and employ a full time tech. A guy who only has one on his floor probably doesn't have a tech to fix issues that arise

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 01:30:35 pm »

Plus 1 to that post. When I bought my company 5-6 years ago the previous owner sold hot tubs but could never figure why she could only sell 10-15.a year. She had one or two on the floor none running. I switched the business to more of a hot tub store and have seen my numbers consistently at 75-100 tubs and employ a full time tech. A guy who only has one on his floor probably doesn't have a tech to fix issues that arise

see Hottubguy gets it...only sell whats in front of you, I didn't take time and gas to drive to a store to "shop a brochure" I can do that online...I come to a store to see & touch a product not be told "sir you have to come up with the 6k down so I can order and "show" you a hot tub model you are interested in" and by the way if you don't like it..too bad you're stuck with it because I can't "return" it....again just my .02
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:35:49 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

mjb

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 07:05:20 pm »
As a dealer, we have plenty of customers that are up to two or three hours away
from our store and we have no problem servicing them should the need arise.
It may be worth the drive if the further away dealer has good reviews.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 08:41:31 pm »
That must be tough MJB. I try to stay within a hour of my shop. Must charge pretty substantial service calls going that far?  To the original poster try the other tub a hour away but if you end up going with that tub buy it there not at the guy who has one on hand

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 08:41:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42