What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone used a Spacap cover?  (Read 4071 times)

jasolution

• Caldera Niagara -- Woo hoo!
Anyone used a Spacap cover?
« on: July 18, 2004, 09:46:38 am »
I'm looking for a new cover for my Caldera Niagara, and a search on the Google yielded a ton of results. One product I found is called 'Spacap' (www.spacap.com).

Has anyone bought this product? Any good?

My initial concern is that it seems like it would easily blow away in heavy winds. I'm also not sure about the R-value claims they're making. In theory, it sounds good, but I'm a computer programmer, not an engineer, so I don't know if their claims are true or just 'marketese'.

Thanks,

Jason

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone used a Spacap cover?
« on: July 18, 2004, 09:46:38 am »

mkamdar

Re: Anyone used a Spacap cover?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 02:54:32 pm »
 >:(

Jason, my advice to you is do not waste your money like I did, unless you are out west. I live in the northeast and purchased it ans wasted my money. Absolutely a POS!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 11:48:40 pm »
POS? Why?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mkamdar

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 11:20:00 am »
I had purchased it. Whenever it would rain, the water would seep in to the cover and make in virtually impossible to lift the cover. Also, in windy conditions, it would sway all over causing the fasteners to rip up and render it useless. It is simply not meant for the northeast especially when you use it outdoors. Just my opinion.  ??? ???

jasolution

• Caldera Niagara -- Woo hoo!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 10:24:32 pm »
Thanks for the candid feedback, I hadn't thought about the rain issue, nor snow, and during the winter, we get a decent amount of snow. I'll just stick with a standard foam cover.

Jason

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 10:24:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42