What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Spa Questons / Advice  (Read 4636 times)

vegasbuffs

New Spa Questons / Advice
« on: July 12, 2004, 02:30:54 am »
I am currently in the market for a new hot tub.  I have looked at the new 2004 HotSpring, cost was about $8000.00 and uncluded most new innovative options such as the 24 hour water purification, 2 pumps, a new innovative filtration system, the decible noise ration was very low in use and out of use, included a fiberoptic lighting system, had about 50+ jets that had all seperate and a main control, also easy to remove.  There was a self cleaning buttton that would clean with a normal chemical (not Bromine or Cholorine) but something else then would shut off in 10 min, also included the easy lift cover, steps, vinyl siding, fully insulated, a three stream water fall, one lounch with about 12 jets in position and electonic back massage, also 2 deep corders with wrist, ankle and other jets then 2 to 3 other seats for total of about 6 to 7 people.   They also had gurtunteed monthly cost of less than 25 dollars a month, also included was set up, demonstration and a full months of chemical, 7 years warranty on the hot tub, parts, labor etc, and 5 year on the side vinyl.

I also viewed a dealer with Catalina hot tubs.  I was less impressed with them due to every model was  a basic model and all the upgrades that were on the hotspring as a standard were all extra that would bring the price almost to the same price range.  I was also less impressed with the Catalina saleman.

My last venture was with Cal Spas.  I was almost equally impressed with them as I was the Hot Spring.  They had similar features and offered the same warranties.  The prices were also near identical.  

However, I am stuck and in need of direction and adivice from you guys to help make this purchase be perfect.  Please send any information, adive, past experience etc...

Thank you all and its great to be a new member of a great werbsite.

Jim

Hot Tub Forum

New Spa Questons / Advice
« on: July 12, 2004, 02:30:54 am »

Gerrym

Re: New Spa Questons / Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 04:28:04 am »
Sorry to be boring, but first and most important point is you have to wet test.
I can only speak for Hot Spring because that is my only experience. The service from them is absolutely first class, they REALLY care about their customers and what their customers say about them. I am not saying others do not, merely I have only experienced the Hot spring 'experience !'

BUT, back to my first point, because the HS Envoy was perfect for me, it does not make it perfect for you!

Have fun testing and let us know what you oder.

Cheers

Gerry

IonHeaven

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 07:54:56 am »
What model HS are you considering?

vegasbuffs

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 02:53:02 pm »
I am considering the VISTA model by Hot Spring which is a 6 person, has the lounge and they are including a set of steps, the easy lift cover, the optical lighting, a three jet foutain, delivery, set up, one month supply of chemicals, and a few other things I can't remember for $7899.99 + tax.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 02:54:10 pm by vegasbuffs »

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 03:03:52 pm »
$7,899 for a Vista... Buy it now.  That is an extremely attractive price.

vegasbuffs

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 11:54:43 pm »
1) Has anyone tried a Cal Spa and what did you think, or have you heard any reviews of this spa company.

2) Has anyone tried a Catalina spa and what did you think.

3)  Is the Vista by Hot Spring the best model they have to offer and does anyone have one and what did you think of this spa.  Also, how much about does it cost on average in southern California to operate this spa every month?

Is it necessary to have an emergency shutoff valve on these spas or does the Hot Spring models have something built in.  My city requires a Shut off valve before they will give you a permit.  

rita

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 10:05:37 pm »
Wow,
I just ordered my Vista and I paid $10,000 in CT.  I'm moving to the other coast.
Rita

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 10:40:24 pm »
I would consider the grandee, in lieu og the vista,

loungers, for most people are not a practical because of the float factor.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 11:29:35 pm »
Do a search on Cal Spas here and on other spa forums and you may reconsider them as their reputation is tainted to say the least.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 12:54:01 am »
Spatech,

Amen.........

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 12:08:40 pm »
We put some D-Con stuff for mice inside the cabinet along with a few of those roach and ant bait things.  I'm not expecting a problem, but thought it might be best to be preventive.  We also spray around the deck with some stuff from Spectracide for bugs about once a week.  The bottle says the stuff lasts for 90 days, but who reads labels?  :)  I figure 90 days equals once a week in real life.  

I would not decide against a spa just becuz I was worried of critters and bugs.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 03:06:48 pm »
I concur with SpaTech and Stuart.

Calico besure you are not tracking the insecticide from your feet into the Spa water.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 11:41:14 pm by ZzTop »

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 06:36:20 pm »
ZZ, thx...I meant to say that we spray around the wood chips that surround the deck, not on the deck directly.  Good point.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 06:36:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42