What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Salina, Hot Springs Pulse or Jacuzzi 365?  (Read 3632 times)

sdcinco

Caldera Salina, Hot Springs Pulse or Jacuzzi 365?
« on: February 07, 2016, 01:33:42 pm »
We're shopping for our first hot tub and went and wet tested yesterday all but the Pulse (we tested the Hot Springs model that is very similar but with a lounger and we are not lounger fans).  We fully anticipated going Hot Springs but, while we liked the moto-massage bit on the higher-end Hot Springs, found we liked the jets on the Caldera a bit more and loved the jets on the Jacuzzi.  We like the filtration system on the Hot Springs more (although in the model we tested it did have 2 dead flies floating around) and they have a great reputation, but we also like the all enclosed pan on the Jacuzzi as we back to some wild open space so we do get critters that might like to take up residence like rats, snakes, and squirrels (probably not at the same time) and I thought the dealer was a bit more open, showing us all the ins and outs of the motor system and so on (the other dealer swore a salt water system part would last 5 years, the other dealer said 2 and research backs up 2-3 yrs).   From our research, it seems they are pretty close in terms of features and reliability and we are lucky to have two dealers nearby that have great records and long-standing presence.   Also, we're looking at an all-in price of around $10k (with the cover, lift, stairs, and start-up chemical set) for 2015 models -- the prices are similar between the 2 dealers. Any insight as to which is "better" or does it come down to personal preference?  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Salina, Hot Springs Pulse or Jacuzzi 365?
« on: February 07, 2016, 01:33:42 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Caldera Salina, Hot Springs Pulse or Jacuzzi 365?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:00:29 pm »
I say personal preference but I probably would nix the salt water system. Personally, other than an inground pool (and maybe even then) using chlorine or I guess bromine is not a big deal. Less stuff to go wrong and don't have to worry about the corrosive effects of accumulated salt deposits around the tub.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 02:59:35 pm »
We're shopping for our first hot tub and went and wet tested yesterday all but the Pulse (we tested the Hot Springs model that is very similar but with a lounger and we are not lounger fans).  We fully anticipated going Hot Springs but, while we liked the moto-massage bit on the higher-end Hot Springs, found we liked the jets on the Caldera a bit more and loved the jets on the Jacuzzi.  We like the filtration system on the Hot Springs more (although in the model we tested it did have 2 dead flies floating around) and they have a great reputation, but we also like the all enclosed pan on the Jacuzzi as we back to some wild open space so we do get critters that might like to take up residence like rats, snakes, and squirrels (probably not at the same time) and I thought the dealer was a bit more open, showing us all the ins and outs of the motor system and so on (the other dealer swore a salt water system part would last 5 years, the other dealer said 2 and research backs up 2-3 yrs).   From our research, it seems they are pretty close in terms of features and reliability and we are lucky to have two dealers nearby that have great records and long-standing presence.   Also, we're looking at an all-in price of around $10k (with the cover, lift, stairs, and start-up chemical set) for 2015 models -- the prices are similar between the 2 dealers. Any insight as to which is "better" or does it come down to personal preference?  Thanks!

I'd prefer a Caldera or Hot Spring

Also, the usage life expectancy of an ACE cell is 14,000 hours, which is under 2 years and the system itself has a 1 yr warranty so he can "swear" all he wants, ask him if he'll back up his promise and pencil on the contract that you would be eligible for a free ACE cell if yours fails within 5 years and get a manager/owner to sign off on it.

sdcinco

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »
Thanks for the input -- we did decide against the salt water system after checking some more info.  So that won't be a factor in our decision.  I went back and tested out the Caldera again and we have decided to nix the Caldera.  Now we are deciding between the Hot Springs Pulse and the Jacuzzi 365.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42