What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do you use your hot tub in the winter in Northern climates?  (Read 2903 times)

aeajr

Do you use your hot tub in the winter in Northern climates?
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:02:33 pm »
I was wondering how many use their out door hot tubs in the winter.  If so, do you have it covered or enclosed?

I am in NY and we use ours all year around.   I have it inside an acrylic greenhouse.  Works great!

Hot Tub Forum

Do you use your hot tub in the winter in Northern climates?
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:02:33 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Do you use your hot tub in the winter in Northern climates?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:12:44 pm »
Under the stars baby.
Retired

uvmskier

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 09:41:58 pm »
Mine is uncovered outdoors.  I used it when we had the coldest night in years on record a few weeks ago and I've used it in a snow storm.  Rain stings when it's cold out so I skip the rain.

Compatico

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:57:17 pm »
Mine is uncovered outdoors.  I used it when we had the coldest night in years on record a few weeks ago and I've used it in a snow storm.  Rain stings when it's cold out so I skip the rain.
Yup same here...uncovered outdoors to enjoy the stars or even a cold sunny day. A slight drizzle rain is ok since we're already wet but we don't like sitting in the rain.

The best experience we think is sitting in the tub when it's below freezing and snowflakes are landing on your head and arms. It's funny when you think you're sweating in a tub when it's freezing outside. But you simply don't notice the cold when you're sweating. We even got slight suntans a few times when it was sunny out in January.  ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:30:51 am »
All year long. i would estimate 300 days per year.  It is uncovered, but within 5 feet of our back door and a hook for robes nearby.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:30:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42