What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To Frog or not to Frog  (Read 3177 times)

silverbullet

To Frog or not to Frog
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:58:21 pm »
Just curious as to how many folks here use some kind if Spa frog or Clear water cartridge every time you change water. Is it a necessary part of the puzzle to clean healthy spa water?

Another question. I just changed water 6 weeks ago, pump went out so had to drain the tub for repair up and running again. Water was tested & necessary chemicals were added to make the water right. Can I still use the frog that I had in there or do I need t buy a new one? I use Bromine.

The reason for these questions in I find these spa frogs to be expensive. Yet if they are a necessary part to keeping the water right I will continue to buy them. But if unnecessary....

Hot Tub Forum

To Frog or not to Frog
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:58:21 pm »

MarKee

Re: To Frog or not to Frog
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 02:09:28 pm »
Are you talking about the SpaFrog mineral cartridge that goes in the middle of the filter?  These are similar to a Nature 2 but a little bit better in my opinion.  They work pretty well.

There are also a few different types of SpaFrog floating systems that use minerals and bromine or minerals and a slow release chlorine (@ease system).

And there are a few manufacturers that have SpaFrog built in to the side of the hot tub, so that it's a self feeding cartridge system.

silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 03:12:53 pm »
Are you talking about the SpaFrog mineral cartridge that goes in the middle of the filter?

Yes

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 03:12:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42