What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Years of "flo" on display panel 2003 Sundance Altimar spa  (Read 3220 times)

Handymam

Years of "flo" on display panel 2003 Sundance Altimar spa
« on: January 27, 2016, 02:48:14 pm »
Hi, I am the original owner of this spa and have only recently been dealing with the seemingly endless problems after my divorce. I have hard well water which tends to build up calcium like deposits on all surfaces.  I have been dealing with the flo issue by removing the panel and opening various tubes etc that come into/out of the flo switch.  This process normally works. I have the two filters, pleated and attached fine filter.  Recently I have had overheating issues, burned out breakers on a 3 year old spa panel, constant flo issues and now the spa will not even stay on.  I am trying to decide if I am up to the challenge of diagnosing then fixing this spa.  At $65/hr I can't afford to hire the guy who has helped me in the past. I am pretty capable and willing to dive in.  It certainly has to be cheaper than replacing the spa.  The body and exterior are still in good shape.  Where do I start? Or should I?

Hot Tub Forum

Years of "flo" on display panel 2003 Sundance Altimar spa
« on: January 27, 2016, 02:48:14 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Years of "flo" on display panel 2003 Sundance Altimar spa
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 06:22:33 pm »
Hi, I am the original owner of this spa and have only recently been dealing with the seemingly endless problems after my divorce. I have hard well water which tends to build up calcium like deposits on all surfaces.  I have been dealing with the flo issue by removing the panel and opening various tubes etc that come into/out of the flo switch.  This process normally works. I have the two filters, pleated and attached fine filter.  Recently I have had overheating issues, burned out breakers on a 3 year old spa panel, constant flo issues and now the spa will not even stay on.  I am trying to decide if I am up to the challenge of diagnosing then fixing this spa.  At $65/hr I can't afford to hire the guy who has helped me in the past. I am pretty capable and willing to dive in.  It certainly has to be cheaper than replacing the spa.  The body and exterior are still in good shape.  Where do I start? Or should I?

I would start with the obvious flow problem........you didn't say how many (original parts 13 years old) but you said it was in good shape. Pumps create flow, if they are old/wore they may not be producing enough flow, verify this first. Flow sensors are cheap if your wiring is solid? Have you fixed the electrical/breaker problem? How old is the heater tube? You said calcium build up? Are you in a climate where you can safely drain it and prevent freeze?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:52:54 am »
 Also get rid of the micron filter as well.   You can get a std filter that will work with pump 1 and the circ pump all in one.  I think its the unicel 8320 filter. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:13:16 pm »
Sundance parts are easy to get.........been a while for me are they still?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »
 Yes they are.  You can get any part on line as far as I know, just spendy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42