What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: clear ray filter systems  (Read 2775 times)

ewaba

clear ray filter systems
« on: January 23, 2016, 02:58:02 pm »
Am I able to use bromine with a clear ray filter system?  I used bromine with my old beachcomber hottub and never had any issues.  I now have a Sundance spa with the new clear ray filter system and was told that chlorine works better with it.  I have had terrible chemistry issues, mainly the tub is not holding chlorine.  I shock frequently twice per week( and more often for increased use), and use stabalizing chlorine granules after each use. (Spa Boom).  I check the tub for alkalinity and ph weekly if not more often, and I have been cleaning my filters as recommended as well as increasing the filtration and circulating settings above factory default settings.  I was wondering what the thoughts are on using a chlorine floater at the minimal setting just to keep the chlorine levels maintained.  I left on vacation for a week, it was perfect before i left, (with no use during away) and when we returned it was very cloudy with an odour.  Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

clear ray filter systems
« on: January 23, 2016, 02:58:02 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: clear ray filter systems
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:50:21 pm »
 Clear Ray isn't a filter but a glorified ultraviolet light that the water flows around.  So I don't see why you can't use a bromine or a chlorine floater if you wanted.

ewaba

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »
were gonna try it anyhow.......nothing to lose!!!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 09:03:24 pm »
 Well...... Ok then!!!!!   ::)

ewaba

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:29:10 pm »
thanks for your feedback:)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:29:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42