What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: TDS Question  (Read 3213 times)

Bigralphy

TDS Question
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:03:01 pm »
My manufacturer recommends changing water at 1500ppm over startup. So my question, does that mean the startup tds prior to any chemical addition,or after all dichlor, metal eliminate etc.?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

TDS Question
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:03:01 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: TDS Question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:59:14 pm »

I think TDS is kind of overrated.   Ya know I am going on 10 months with the same water, less adding water to the spa with fresh.   I use Defender once a week, I hit it with Leisure time Replenish once or twice a week depending on use.  I watch the PH/ALK and change the Nature stick every 4+ months.   I understand all the crap that goes with it.  But we use the spa a few times a week this time of year and the kids are jumping from the pool to the spa more times in the summer because my pool is not heated. 

The Key is be proactive about your chems, don't sweat the small stuff the dealer tells you or the mnfg tells you in a book and enjoy the spa.  It's not going to void your warranty so why worry.   Not saying a water change is bad or un-needed,  but if the chems are taken care of you should be fine for quite awhile.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:16:48 pm »
By definition it would mean before adding anything to to the fresh fill water.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bigralphy

TDS Question
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:54:34 pm »
Thanks folks.  The water still looks and feels great however tds is at 1400 and I still have 2 months before I can change it. Cold up here in Canada but not as cold as usual.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:04:49 pm »
1400 may or may not be bad depending on where it started with fresh water.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:04:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42