What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first time hot tub buyer - looking at Caldera and Artesian  (Read 6721 times)

witewings

first time hot tub buyer - looking at Caldera and Artesian
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:24 am »
hello all!
my husband has been bugging me to get a hot tub for something like 10 years. I think he had finally worn me down, and we went out looking at 4 dealers near us.
we are looking for ~4 person tub (mostly just us two, but we have two kids), with good jets for hydrotherapy

the two we are considering are: (these are "sticker prices")

Artesian Waikiki Elite - they are clearing out in stock models for $7,700 - $8,300

Caldera Martiniuqe - $8,600 - 9,000

I was more comfortable in the Caldera, but my husband likes the price of the Artesian
thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

first time hot tub buyer - looking at Caldera and Artesian
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:24 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: first time hot tub buyer - looking at Caldera and Artesian
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:22:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I haven't priced in 3 years, but both of these brands have good reputations. I would lean towards the comfort side of things all else close.   You want to still be using it 5-10 years from now when that cost difference will seem less.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Letran

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 06:16:03 pm »
Just got my Artesian Grand Bahama. Enjoying it

First, I narrowed it to the size

Then, weighed the option of lounger or no lounger. ( I chose lounger) the dealer was not recommending it

The LED lights option is phenomenal

The shoulder blasters I'm not using as much as i though I would.

The waterfall (over the filter) would be enough

I'm glad I didn't get the fountains, I would have hated it

Balboa wifi module I feel is a worthwhile option but this is because I already have home automation I can tie the module into if not it is quite an expensive upgrade but handy in the winter to check on the temperature before getting out in the cold

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 07:59:05 pm »
hello all!
my husband has been bugging me to get a hot tub for something like 10 years. I think he had finally worn me down, and we went out looking at 4 dealers near us.
we are looking for ~4 person tub (mostly just us two, but we have two kids), with good jets for hydrotherapy

the two we are considering are: (these are "sticker prices")

Artesian Waikiki Elite - they are clearing out in stock models for $7,700 - $8,300

Caldera Martiniuqe - $8,600 - 9,000

I was more comfortable in the Caldera, but my husband likes the price of the Artesian
thoughts?

Whatever you buy has to treat you well for the next decade plus. I'd factor that price difference over time which makes the difference not that great IMO and then I'd ask myself which spa do I really want. If its a tie then I'd go with the cheaper one but if one stands out as the better one for me I'd go that route.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Letran

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:08:07 am »

Artesian Waikiki Elite

Which model is this???

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:31:13 am »
The Waikiki is from Artesian's Tropic Sea Line. Made from same mold as Artesian Grand Bahama.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 02:18:16 pm »
The Waikiki is from Artesian's Tropic Sea Line. Made from same mold as Artesian Grand Bahama.

Tropic Sea, South Sea, Standard Class, Deluxe Class, Platinum Elite, Island Spas, Island Elite....could they possibly make it anymore difficult to buy a spa?

Nhsusan

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »
My new Marques Spirit comes in just over $8k. I added the Microsilk for another $2k but at my age, I'm worth it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »
I think you need to respect the butt before the wallet in the pants. Look at and sit in as many as you can.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42