What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance 880 - New Home Install - Control Panel Doesn't Turn On When Empty?  (Read 3479 times)

KungFuEnglish

We just moved our Sundance 880 Marin to a new home. It is installed outdoors. We had the electrician come today and install a new 60A GFCI box and hard wire the hot tub (it was installed to 60A previously as well).

The tub is still empty as we are not opening it until tomorrow and it's cold outside so we don't want it to freeze.

The electrician left the breaker box on when he was finished for whatever reason. When the breaker box was turned on - the radio light indicated it had power but the hot tub control panel remained blank. He said he thought everything was hooked up right. I turned the breaker off since.

My question is - is this normal behavior with the tub empty? Will the panel turn on when I start it up after it is filled? Or do I need to have the electrician come back?

Hot Tub Forum

Bigralphy

Not sure if your tub has a separate switch but turning the power on for an empty tub may be harmful

KungFuEnglish

Not sure if your tub has a separate switch but turning the power on for an empty tub may be harmful

Yes that's why I turned it off asap. But the screen was never on, pumps and heater was never running. There is no separate switch.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
   Fill it with water and see what happens, guessing things will change.   Or he only has 110v running to spa.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
If there were freezing temps, one of the pumps may of had water in it and froze.  When the pump tried to kick on, it may have blown a fuse.  The fuse is after the power to the stereo, so the stereo would still work with a blown fuse. 

mattyj45

I had a similar issue and it ended up being the 30amp 480V fuse that is located at the bottom left corner of the electrial panel. It's about 1.5 inches in length should be a BUSS branded Class G fuse. Cost me about $10 for a replacement.

Good Luck!

HotTubDave603

Also if the fuse does not correct the problem, locate the harness plugs for the transformer on the wiring diagram. With power off, unplug white harness' from board and plug back in. Check for corrosion on plug or board as that would show sign of damage to pc board.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42