What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub pad  (Read 4510 times)

KevinH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot tub pad
« on: July 16, 2004, 08:43:12 pm »
I'm planning to put my hot tub on a 9X9 paver pad I built. I'm going to tear it up and pack down the dirt. It's mostly very large rocks underneath.

The neighbor escavated and was pulling out rocks the size of a small car.

QUESTION: My dealer sells plastic pads (about 1" thick)that go under the spa. Should I use one of these on top of the pavers? The pavers are 4" X 4". The pad cost ~$300

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub pad
« on: July 16, 2004, 08:43:12 pm »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Re: Hot tub pad
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 09:03:43 pm »
Does anyone know of any websites that show pictures of spa pads?  What they look like?  Options?

Thanks

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 06:08:20 pm »
What does your hot tub mfg. say about the minimum requirements for a base?  I'd start there.  
Did your dealer say what this pad was for?  If you spa can go on a paver base, I don't see what advantage adding a 1" foam pad under it would have.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Dazedandconfused - (Good movie, btw) The only spa pad web site I know of is www.ezpads.com.

Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 06:16:00 pm »
haven't tried them - have seen them. Hey, they're from the people who make Rhino liner - so they can't be bad. I use Rhino liner in the litter box of my Rhino - have for years.

(Caution - Chas is bored on a slow Saturday in the store...) ::)  ::)  ::)  ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

KevinH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 09:23:22 pm »
The pad I saw was  1" hard plastic that snapped togather. Reminded me of my snap togather rubbermaid shed.

My dealer thought pavers would be fine. The owners manual shows pavers as a base, but cautions they may sag in places over time.

A concrete base is recommended.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 09:20:03 am »
WE WERE GOING TO PUT PAVERS IN FOR OUR HOT TUB BUT DECEIDED ON CEMENT WHICH WAS LAID THURSDAY.  WE ARE GLAD WE DID, I HEARD PAVERS CAN SHIFT AND CAUSE STRESS TO THE HOT TUB. WE LIVE IN MICHIGAN HAVE LOTS OF FROST IN GROUND HERE FIGURED CEMENT WOULD BE THE BEST CHOICE FOR US. GOOD LUCK ON WHAT EVER YOU DO. -- LYNNETTE   :D

OnMedic

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 10:39:37 am »
Same here... We decided to do it right for living in a northern climate and had a nice thick slab of crete pored for the tub.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 10:40:14 am by OnMedic »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 10:39:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42