What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealing with a Winterized Hot Tub  (Read 2344 times)

mattyj45

Dealing with a Winterized Hot Tub
« on: January 13, 2016, 04:01:23 pm »
 I recently purchased a used hot tub that was winterized. The previous owner put prestone in the tub as an extra precautionary measure as we're up in Ontario Canada where temperatures can dip well below freezing. I am looking for some advice on how to get this hot tub up and running. Would I fill the tub up a third or half way and drain it to get rid of whatever prestone is in the pipes? I am new to hut tubs so I don't really know a whole lot about how to do this the best way.

Is it ok to fill the tub right now with the temperature around 0 celsius (32 fahrenheit)? Possibly even a few degrees cooler?

Thanks,

Matt

Hot Tub Forum

Dealing with a Winterized Hot Tub
« on: January 13, 2016, 04:01:23 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Dealing with a Winterized Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 06:58:13 pm »
I would try and evacuate as much anti freeze as possible first with a shop vac and opening some critical unions by the pumps. And yes it is OK to fill when it is this cold but use 2 hoses and fill as quick as possible and turn it on as soon as possible. A little antifreeze won't matter. But if you ever do use antifreeze going forward use biodegradable next time. RV antifreeze.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Dealing with a Winterized Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 06:58:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42