What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie - Hot Tub Purchase  (Read 8479 times)

gman75

Newbie - Hot Tub Purchase
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:40:55 am »
The 2002 Sunrise Galileo that came with our house has died.  Looking to get a quality tub as that one was nothing but repairs and issues.  Based on size, warranty, features and dealer I have narrowed down to:

Hot Springs Bolt $6999 (wet tested floor model)
Jacuzzi J-325 $8999 (wet tested floor model)
Hot Springs Glow $8399 brand new factory order

I live in southern ontario and get a fair bit of snow and cold.  Tub is set into a deck and about 50% exposed and also up close to the back wall of our house.  From what I see online the Glow and J325 look fairly same with Bolt having 1 less jetted seat, no foot jets and 1 less pump.

Can anyone guide me a little here as a 30% price difference between tubs but I also understand these should last 15 to 20 years with proper care.
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:43:38 am by gman75 »

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie - Hot Tub Purchase
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:40:55 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Newbie - Hot Tub Purchase
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 01:47:16 pm »
8999 to 8399 isn't 30% price difference so I'm guessing you mean the bolt to the 325. The 325 for that price is way overpriced

gman75

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 04:15:35 pm »
So the $8999 for the 325 includes delivery, setup, clear Ray system, cover, steps, lifter, chemicals etc.

Again I am in Ontario

What would be a fair price?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 07:03:04 pm »
I missed the Canada part. That's probably the going rate there. I thing the HS at 8399 is a better deal. Better jet action with that 2nd pump

gman75

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »
Does the 325 only have 1 pump then?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 10:12:24 pm »
Yes single pump with a circulation pump also

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 11:43:17 pm »
Feel them both.  At least with your hand.  The Glow is an interesting tub, because it's layout is weird.  The two front seats have little ergonomics.  However, it is powerful... very powerful, since it's 220 only and has two pumps for a small spa.  The J-325 has a smaller pump because it's only a 15A spa.  Although, it comes down to how you like your massage!

gman75

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 04:38:40 pm »
d00nut: you say the glow has different seating.  Has anyone sat in the J325 and Glow that can explain the differences?  Also the Glow you say is powerful but the Jacuzzi dealer claims their jetting is very different so again if anyone could comment.

Thanks

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 04:47:22 pm »
Can you wet test them?  There is going to be a big difference in jet power between at 110 single pump tub and a 220 dual pump tub. Only you are going to determine what fits you best

gman75

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 09:08:42 am »
Wet Test for us is very difficult.  We have an 8 month old and the Jacuzzi dealer is 30 mins from our house and the Hot Springs dealer 50 mins away.  We were hoping to be able to make this decision without a wet test and since we have owned a tub prior and also not getting a lounge think we can make a pretty good decision.  The other issue is the local dealer doesn't have a glow available but the Jacuzzi dealer does have a 325.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 10:37:34 am »
Was your last tub a 110v or a 220v. Can you see them filled to get a idea on the jet action. At least the jacuzzi because the HS doesn't have that one available

gman75

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 02:56:57 pm »
Our current tub has electrical supply: 230V single phase 32 Amp or
16 Amp on low current setting.

I just spoke to the HS dealer and no stores carry that model it would be a manufacturer direct order (so be tough to get a good price).  He wants $8399 plus $399 for a cover lifter but does include the GFCI electrical.  Jacuzzi is a floor model but not been filled and price is $8999 includes cover lifter but didn't mention any electrical.

Both dealers say they have superior product, HS dealer been around for 30 plus years and also sells pools and patio furniture.  Jacuzzi dealer been around 5 years in the province but store in my area is new 6 months ago.  Says owner was previously with another brand but same industry and they only sell hot tubs.  He also sells Nordic tubs which are well built but pretty plain looking and small on options.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »

it would be a manufacturer direct order (so be tough to get a good price).

Why do you think that? Typically he'd order it, it would come in, he'd deliver it to you, get paid by you, than pay the manufacturer. Never would he have to lay out his own $. Now a floor model, either the dealer has purchased it out right (invested his own $), or is paying interest on it till it's sold.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 05:50:53 pm »
the Bolt is a dog....with fleas, avoid it for that type of money...the Glow on the other hand is a good little powerful spa, a Bullfrog A6 would be an even better alternative if you have a dealer nearby:

check em out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY&feature=youtu.be

gman75

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 08:34:11 pm »

it would be a manufacturer direct order (so be tough to get a good price).

Why do you think that? Typically he'd order it, it would come in, he'd deliver it to you, get paid by you, than pay the manufacturer. Never would he have to lay out his own $. Now a floor model, either the dealer has purchased it out right (invested his own $), or is paying interest on it till it's sold.

Because they are a 27 store chain.  He said they don't discount, throw extras in or play that type of game.  But makes me wonder why they don't carry the tub to begin with and knowing now that it is $8399 plus lifter it really isn't much less than the Jacuzzi which I can touch and sit in plus dealer seems eager for a sale.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 08:34:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42