What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine vs chlorine and asthma  (Read 3630 times)

Muddytyres

Bromine vs chlorine and asthma
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:31:29 pm »
I'm shopping (see other post) and I was wondering what experiences people with asthma have had as far as what to use in their tubs? Is there one that is better than the other as far as not causing flares?
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Bromine vs chlorine and asthma
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:31:29 pm »

jonnyivy

Re: Bromine vs chlorine and asthma
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:31 am »
Interesting,......  I will be looking back on this thread to read others findings.
I have asthma, not serious, but it just struck me that since I got our hot tub last year my asthma has become a little more alarming !
I thought it was just the cold damp weather we are continually having here in Scotland, but maybe it has something to do with the chlorine tabs I use in the water ??????
Is there any evidence out there ?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 03:29:57 pm »
This is just my opinion but I would think that soaking in little to no chlorine will be better than sitting in water that has bromine in it. People use chlorine successfully putting the proper dose after soaking so that by the next time (24 hours later) there is less free chlorine in the water. BUT you need to take into account that you need to keep watch on the tub as when the chlorine gets to zero then nothing is protecting the tub from bacteria. Having constant bromine in the tub keeps that problem away.

The other thing that I don't know if it triggers asthma is bubbles breaking the surface of the tub when using the air. I know I feel a fine mist every time I use air (almost all the time I use my tub) on my face and I would imagine that the aerosol that's being created is getting into my lungs as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 03:29:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42